• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Looking at doing a 147gr bullet, possibly from rainiers. I have cci primers and once fired brass. I researched using titegroup and accurate no 5 and 7. Anyone know where I can find no 5 & 7 local? Cabelas was out. Anyone work up a similar load?

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I am also looking to make a 147 gn load. It's been a while since I seriously looked at it, and I seem to have misplaced my Lee 2nd edition. It has a lot more loads than the chart that came with the dies. I swear I saw a load with HS-6 (what I currently use) for either a lead or plated 147 gn, but could be wrong.

I'm down to my last 100 or so of 124 gn FMJ for my current loading, so I need to think of something soon.

As of last summer Gander Mtn. had a large selection of powders, but an employee said they were phasing out reloading supplies, so idk.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I was using Accurate #5 and Rainiers 147gr for a while. I was using 5.4 gr of #5 to get about 960 fps velocity out of a full size M&P. The Indiana Gun Club in Fishers carries #5.

As for Titegroup, 3.2gr will give me 840 fps. I was working up a load for Titegroup and Rainiers 147gr but then I switched to Berry's plated bullets and started using 124gr instead. I do find much more consistent velocities with Berry's (either that or I am just getting better at reloading:) )

Last edited:

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Kempfs normally has all Accurate Poweders. Pretty sure Cabelas and Bass Pro if I remember correctly.

Home - Kempf Gun Shop

My 9mm load is 147g Precision Delta and 4.1 of WSF. Makes about 132PF for USPSA.

Top Bottom