• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Hey guys, in your opinion what is the best 9mm carry pistol out there? Im looking for something small, slim, comfortable and descent round capacity. Thanks.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, "best" is going to be tough to come up with a consensus on. For really small, a Ruger LC9 will work. A buddy of mine has one and likes it. I have an M&P 9c- 12 rounds, pretty concealable, but not that slim.

AtlasDM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2012
    I carry a Ruger SR9c and I think it's great. Honestly though, the best thing you can do is go get some hands on experience and figure it out on your own what works best for you. You're the one that's going to be carrying it after all.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    A big deciding factor here in my opinion is how do you define small...

I see it two ways - Pocket Carry Small or IWB Small?

I like the Kahr CW9 - Very thin, IWB carries great, but has enough handle on it to shoot it well and has a very nice DAO trigger.

I don't like polymer "Pocket Carry Small" 9mm guns.

If I want to pocket carry something, which I do sometimes, I go with a snub nose .38 sp.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I can only give an opinion on glocks. A glock 17 is full sized 17+1 rounds, a glock 19 is just the slimmed down version of a 17 with 15+1 rounds, and a glock 26 (baby glock) is 10+1. It just depends on what you want and what your interpretation of good ammo capacity vs. size is. You can also add pinky grips and +2 magazine grip extensions.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It all depends on how much you are willing to carry. You want sub-compact, there is the LC9, Nano, Shield, Kahr CM9, Kel-tec PF-9, Sig P938 are a few. Then there are the compact versions of full size guns. XD, M&P, Cz, Glock etc.

It all boils down to how much weight and bulk you are willing to put up with. I carried a compact 1911 .45 for a few years and just got tired of the weight. So I sold it and bought a PF-9.

I would error on the light side at first rather than the heavy side. Just make sure you can shoot and handle the small pistol.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    I always forget to give important details...sorry.

Polymer, 7-10 rds, auto loading, iwb carry.

I want something that doesn't feel like it was designed for an infants hand but also be able to carry all day every day and not even feel it. I chose 9 mm because this is what my full size is in.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Yeah I really like the looks of the shield. I wish glock would come out with something in 9mm that was more slim than the compact. They're small but too bulky. I currently have a g17 and try to keep things the same.

Top Bottom