• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm looking to buy a 9mm AR style gun that accepts glock mags. It will be used with a suppressor (if that makes a difference). Does any have any recommendations?

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Another vote for CMMG Radially Delayed. Softer recoiling that straight blowback, superb reliability, and it retains the built-in out of battery protection provided by the AR design. Their customer service is absolutely too notch, too....every time I've called them they've been great to deal with and have sent me parts no questions asked.

I had a PSA blowback 9mm AR and had all kinds of problems with it. I absolutely hated that gun. I replaced it with this build using the CMMG bolt and barrel kit, as well as their PMag endomag conversions, and it has become one of my favorite long guns...possibly the most fun to shoot of any rifle I own.

2024-08-11_08-18-13.jpg

Their .22 LR kit is awesome, too...I built a dedicated rifle using their bolt and barrel and it's the most reliable semi-auto .22 I own. CMMG makes good stuff.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have yet to shoot the Ruger PC Carbine that I picked up earlier this year.

Added a red dot, sling and a variety of glock mags.

The gun is heavy, but it breaks down small, as I wanted. After wringing it out, it'll make a great defense gun to hand off to a less skilled/practiced shooter.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I have yet to shoot the Ruger PC Carbine that I picked up earlier this year.

Added a red dot, sling and a variety of glock mags.

The gun is heavy, but it breaks down small, as I wanted. After wringing it out, it'll make a great defense gun to hand off to a less skilled/practiced shooter.
    I had one of those, and it was very reliable. I also liked the ergonomics of the traditional-style stock. It's a really good gun, but I ended up trading it off because my CMMG shot softer (not that the Ruger has harsh recoil by any means, but that heavy blowback bolt bouncing back and forth makes the sights jump more between shots than the radially-delayed system in the CMMG), and I didn't care for taking the screws (stock and bolt-handle) out of the Ruger every time I wanted to clean it...I figured I'd eventually strip them, because you really have to crank them tight to keep them from coming loose under recoil. Other than that I really liked it and I'd still have it if it wasn't for the CMMG.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Might be out of the "realm" by the name Hipoint, but before you spend alot on a 9mm "AR style" rifle, try out the Hipoint 995 carbine for about the 200-$250 used price...new isn't much more. Unlike the pistols, the rifles are very fun and reliable.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Might be out of the "realm" by the name Hipoint, but before you spend alot on a 9mm "AR style" rifle, try out the Hipoint 995 carbine for about the 200-$250 used price...new isn't much more. Unlike the pistols, the rifles are very fun and reliable.
    I have one in the 10mm flavor.
    It is indeed more gun than the price point would suggest.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I recommend the Indiana made freedom ordnance fx9! Great gun, great customer service, great price (msrp is 850)
    I use mine in steel challenge and have shot it once Or twice in idpa!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm looking to buy a 9mm AR style gun that accepts glock mags. It will be used with a suppressor (if that makes a difference). Does any have any recommendations?

Check these out also. No middleman straight from factory to your FFL.
    Similar to a WR but not an AR.
    They use Glock 17 and 19 magazines.
    $500
    Made in Arizona
    1723527021869.png

Top Bottom