• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I bought 2 Steyr M95's one is in pristine shape ( post WWII production ) the other is pre WWII, both in good shape, fires well, gave one to my cousin INGO member shockabookoo as a gift.

I recently acquired 250+ rounds of 8x56R Nazi stamped ammo, a few are still in the boxes, ( about 50 rounds ) the rest are loose; my question is - how hard is this stuff to find?

Anyone that has good info on the round, let me know - I can find it from Priv Partisan and Hornady; Hornady & lee have die sets for them I'm going to pick up.

If you ask me, these seem like rare rifles & ammo.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Compared to Mauser or 7.62x54R, I guess you could call it rare, but I do see it pop up fairly often on forums and gunshows. It's definitely not cheap any more. I used to get it for $5 a box and Rendezvous Guns, now that shop is gone and I see it running $10-$20 per 10rd box when I find it. If you can reload, that would definitely be the smarter move since that Nazi surplus is also some of the most corrosive stuff I've ever fired.

The rifles themselves aren't rare in most cases (unfortunately). Century still has them listed and ol Dad was telling me Big 5 still puts them on sale every once in a while. Usually about $90. There are exceptions like being a long rifle or in the original 8x50R caliber... or being a BRNO...

I love the rifle, though.... The only real drawback getting one is the ammo availability.

Well.... the trigger leaves a lot to be desired, too. :):

technobear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    id say the price of the ammo is subject largely to presentation.. it depends on how you pitch it to buyers..

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I'm not looking to sell it, rather keep it around for collection value, I failed to mention that I have about 50 stripper clips for it, too; I've looked around and these go for $5 a piece.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It used to be around $5-10 for the stripper clips in lil boxes shaped the same size. I think I have a couple somewhere. A friend of mine sold a rifle and some ammo for it at the last 1500. I believe he might have some more ammo.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    The last batch of Nazi headstamped K98 ammo I had was in a opened crate. I got about $10-$15 for the very nice soilder issue boxes and about $1/ea for loose rounds. They were 1941 headstamped.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Good info guys, thanks; like I said I'm not really looking to sale; I've got a bunch of it and would like to get a native German rifle that could use these rounds.

Here are some pics of the rounds // Rifle. Rounds have 3 different types of headstamps that I can tell so far.

pix515452468.jpg

pix340805437.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Good info guys, thanks; like I said I'm not really looking to sale; I've got a bunch of it and would like to get a native German rifle that could use these rounds.

Here are some pics of the rounds // Rifle. Rounds have 3 different types of headstamps that I can tell so far.

pix515452468.jpg

pix340805437.jpg

I thought you had 2 of the rifles? I guess I'm just confused, again! :dunno:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I thought you had 2 of the rifles? I guess I'm just confused, again! :dunno:

Yes, I had 2, I gave one to my cousin INGO member shockabookoo as a gift; he may need some ammo but doubt he has the cash to pick it up.

I don't shoot this milsurp ammo, I've been shooting Hornady factory loads; as I don't want to ruin the rifle! I don't feel confidant that I'd be able to clean it properly before the inside of my barrel was ate up.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Ahhhh... All you have to do is "wash it" with soap and water, windex, and then clean as normal. Those rifles shoot a lot of the ammo before you got it. If you ever need anymore ammo lmk. Good lookin rifle btw.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I wouldnt fire the original ammo,its rare yes,I use to buy it at 2$ a box,now its8-12$ IF you see it. Try Hornady,they load it as 'custom' rare ammo. 25$ a 20 but its reloadable, and not corrosive

Top Bottom