81 Yr old man shoots self while waiting for racoon.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    You gotta appreciate the tenacity of a man who waits several days for a raccoon to scratch at his door. That is what it said, wasn't it?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Most likely, his booger hook was on the bang switch. The four rules win again. Sigh...

Well, he had read on the Errornet that the Four Rules were outdated and he wanted to be hip and cool and point guns at himself so people would consider him pro.

Position Cul wins again!

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Ok, new law. Due to the fact older men are entirely too dangerous to own firearms, all weapons are to be seized from them once they turn the age of 81. This will make the public safer by not only protecting our children from them but also protecting them from themselves.

Apply purple as needed.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Most likely, his booger hook was on the bang switch. The four rules win again. Sigh...

Did you read the story? He fell out of the chair when he sneezed and then realized he was shot. I'd say unlikely he was resting his finger on the trigger but who really knows

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Did you read the story? He fell out of the chair when he sneezed and then realized he was shot. I'd say unlikely he was resting his finger on the trigger but who really knows

Makes sense the convulsion that the sneeze brought on, that made him fall out of the chair, also made his hand jump and pull the trigger at the same time.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Yes, I read the story. What would make you assume I hadn't? If his finger wasn't in the trigger guard, it is unlikely it would have jumped in and pulled the trigger by accident. Note that I also intentionally used conditional terminology as I couldn't be 100% certain based solely on the story.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just seems like you were quick to judge what happened and make a "sigh" for him failing the four rules. I have seen people fall out of chairs. Their arms swing wildly looking for something to grab onto. More likely he would drop whatever he was holding and try to grab something else. Guy is 81, I'll save Internet armchair quarterbacking for the actions of young goobers. :twocents:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I have noticed that the older I get it isn't the gun going off when I sneeze that causes me concern....It's the...Well...You older gents know what I am talking about...:@ya:

Never trust a fa*t. Back in the first days of pantyhose, I knew a rather overlygenerously proportioned lady who sneezed and then lost control of one of the body's 7 major sphincter muscles....

...she ended up blowing out her hose at the ankles and suffering 1st degree friction burns on her shins.

Top Bottom