• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    A retired school teacher was arrested for possession of a 300 year old flintlock pistol as part of his collection of 18th century collectables in NJ. Such possession is legal under federal law, but illegal under NJ law which doesn't provide any exceptions. He is facing up to 10 years in prison, loss of pension and voting rights for the violation of an unconstitutional law. The accompanying video is interesting, particularly the points at the end.

In Jersey, A Flintlock Pistol Can Get You A 10-Year Jail Sentence - Matt Vespa

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Christie has a chance to shine by showing leadership on this and stepping up. Question is, is he sharp enough to realize the opportunity.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Out of curiosity, I skimmed the New Jersey state constitution (especially their Article 1 Rights and Privileges), looking for a 2A equivalent. I didn't see one. I saw where they established a right for organized labor but I'm not seeing one for the right and keeping of arms. Hmmm...

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Educate the public on their right to use jury nullification in these cases. I believe, even in strong liberal states, it would not be possible for for a prosecutor to sit a jury who wouldn't nullify these type of cases if the jurors all knew about it.

So far, the states still need citizens to convict people on these infridgements of their constitutional rights.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It is insane that this can happen in the United States. Needs to be addressed and stopped. What about jail time and permanent loss of public office for legislators who attempt to pass these kind of laws?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is just another example of why I will never live in New Jersey. I have a lot of family there and they don't understand why I don't like to come visit.

My uncle is a hay farmer ain NJ And has offered to let my family and me live on the farm so he can teach me the trade and pass it down to me when he retires. I would love to take him up on the offer, but I'm not moving to New Jersey as long as stuff like this continues to happen.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Out of curiosity, I skimmed the New Jersey state constitution (especially their Article 1 Rights and Privileges), looking for a 2A equivalent. I didn't see one. I saw where they established a right for organized labor but I'm not seeing one for the right and keeping of arms. Hmmm...

A state does not need to have the right penned in a constitution for the right to be present.

Without the 2A in our US Constitution, we'd still have the right...but it'd be harder to realize than if it were specifically enumerated as an example of those inalienable rights that must be protected.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    A retired school teacher was arrested for possession of a 300 year old flintlock pistol as part of his collection of 18th century collectables in NJ. Such possession is legal under federal law, but illegal under NJ law which doesn't provide any exceptions. He is facing up to 10 years in prison, loss of pension and voting rights for the violation of an unconstitutional law. The accompanying video is interesting, particularly the points at the end.

In Jersey, A Flintlock Pistol Can Get You A 10-Year Jail Sentence - Matt Vespa

That's ridiculous. Don't we have more important things to worry about than destroying civil rights? Don't these people have day jobs?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Here is the contact information for the Cumberland County NJ Prosecutors Office:

Cumberland County, NJ - Prosecutor's Office

The phone number:
    Main Phone Number: 856-453-0486

I'm going to call and register my disgust at their actions. If you recall that PA woman who ventured across the barbed-wire at the NJ state line who they charged with illegal possession of a gun:

A.C. to allow Phila. woman carrying gun to avoid jail - Philly.com

It seems that public pressure influenced the Atlantic City Prosecutor to allow her (how f-ing generous!) into a diversion program.

Post this crap anywhere you can and get people to read these mini-Hitlers in NJ the riot-act!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I hereby announce a personal embargo on the state of New Jersey and all goods originating from it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder if the Republican National Committee is paying attention, or are their collective heads so far up Christie's butt that they don't care if they lose another presidential election.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My cousin moved there about ten years ago. He lives like a conservative but votes liberal. Still can't figure that out. Anyway, he loves it out there.

Top Bottom