• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Went to fill up my truck today and the pump stopped at $50 I thought WTF ! Anyways why would they do that ? $50 isnt even a half tank in my ride so I pulled out went to the next station and put another 50 in lol. With gas prices how they are its B.S.Credit cards I can see because or thieves but debit you have to punch in your code!:stickpoke:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Went to fill up my truck today and the pump stopped at $50 I thought WTF ! Anyways why would they do that ? $50 isnt even a half tank in my ride so I pulled out went to the next station and put another 50 in lol. With gas prices how they are its B.S.Credit cards I can see because or thieves but debit you have to punch in your code!:stickpoke:
    Yea, Speedway had been like that for a while. It's very inconvenient. I am going to start going to Shell because of this.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    What are you driving?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yea, Speedway had been like that for a while. It's very inconvenient. I am going to start going to Shell because of this.

I've had a couple station managers tell me that it's the card companies, not the stations that are setting the limits. Clearly some stations have a higher limit than others, though, so I'm not sure how accurate that is.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    My ride 7.6 MPG lol but I only live 6 miles from work plus I have a ranger and a F350 diesel
    Picture006.jpg

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I've had a couple station managers tell me that it's the card companies, not the stations that are setting the limits. Clearly some stations have a higher limit than others, though, so I'm not sure how accurate that is.
    Right. Visa is $50 and Mastercard is $75. Not all stations have limits. I do know Speedway does though. I got $60 at the pump this morning at Shell, no problem.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Yeah my corporate card stopped at $100 today. Was annoying but I think I was close to full anyway.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

I do not buy gasoline at Speedway or it's parent company Marathon. :xmad: They perpetuate the high gas prices in this area and set the price that their competitors follow.

All pumps did have the 50 CC limit but now, my Visa allows me either 75 or 100 dollars per visit. I can't remember, but I know that I have put 75 on it but it was full, 1/2 tank. I'll check next gas visit :rolleyesedit: Weird that it would be a per store policy and not a set CC limit on the brand of card. My little Suzuki which was 15 for a fill up is not almost 60 as you all know so very well. :runaway:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    When the pump shuts off just hang up the nozzle, reswipe your card, and start fueling again. Unless you want to go to another station.:)

Thanks for the tip - When I, or if I buy my gasoline for the farm, I usually buy about an additional 50 gallons (diesel & gas). I think my bush hogging and grass cutting will be minimal this season ;)

Top Bottom