• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahuey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Indy
    Has anyone seen 5.7 ammo for sale at your LGS? I haven't seen any for months and I have been looking a few times a week.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    Last I saw in LGS was in January for $24.99/box and picked up a few. Haven't seen it locally since. Lucky Gunner has AE 5.7x28 in stock now but not for a price I would be willing to pay $450/10 boxes.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    This is insane.

FNH is FN themselves right out of the market. The cost of ammo and availability is of more concern to me than the price of the gun. This is getting to be one of the most expensive rounds to buy. I've seen prices north of $70 / box of 50 rounds. I really like my FiveSeven and PS90 but with their ammo taking this route they can shove it up their SIX.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    2nd Amendment Guns in Whitestown has a couple of boxes. Was in there today - I think he said $29 a box (?) The owner told me he has had folks from as far away as Marion, IN come to purchase some. He is limiting to two boxes per customer.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Has anyone seen 5.7 ammo for sale at your LGS? I haven't seen any for months and I have been looking a few times a week.

Like others said, Freedom in Ft Wayne got about 3,000 rounds in and they're down to about 10 boxes. It was selling for $38 a box. I have about 500 rounds in the ammo locker, but couldn't see paying that kind of premium to stock up. I'll keep what I have, shoot the PMR30 for plinking and re-stock on the 5.7 once sanity returns to the pricing.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have gotten together with a few other people and have been trying to contact FNH USA directly or by email and so far no joy. If I get a response as to why our Five-seveNs and PS-90s are becoming expensive paperweights I will post it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Cryptic response, production was down some part of last year due to personnel issues, which I take it to mean the plant was down due to a strike. Add that to increase in PS-90 sales and the obama-panic. My personal feeling is that they don't have the capacity to make a quick catch-up, not worth it to build another production line for ammo that isn't an every day round, and it will just be a matter of time before enough ammo has been produced to get to where it becomes more common to see on the shelves.

Ahuey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Indy
    I found some at BGF last week. They had 8 boxes left on Friday... Only because they limited my purchase. They were $26 per box.

Top Bottom