• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skeetman28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    South Bend
    I posted the question in wrong thread (long guns)...so long story short...can or can't take the coating off the case...I have gotton on the forum and still don't really know for sure...is it only necessary for the hangun and not the rifle or both..Thanks for any input...

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    The answer to your question can be found on the Five Seven Forum under 5.7x28 Reloading. In short; the coating is necessary for both rifle and pistol. Reasons are as follows:
    1) The coating is necessary for proper extraction during the retarded blowback operation. If you remove the coating from the equation, there is increased friction for an uncoated case which will likely result in your case sticking to the chamber wall causing a great deal of extraction difficulty. Possible bad things can come from this which could include a case head separation or primers being blown out of the primer pocket.
    2) The coating is also necessary for proper feeding in the rifle magazine.​

If you are reloading the 5.7x28 round, I highly recommend joining that forum.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    I don't know what views you were looking for but for 5.7x28 ammunition, the only reliable source right now is by handloading it. For me, the only reason to purchase factory ammo is to replenish brass and do so only when I find some at a good price. Again, the best source for reloading information is the Five Seven Forum. There is a good summary under the Forum Wiki tab at the upper left hand corner of the page. Also, get a copy of Lyman's 49th if you don't already have it.

Top Bottom