• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I see 5.11 tactical mentioned on this forum and others a lot as a favorite item but I don't know much about them as I do not know anybody personally who owns them. What is it about them that makes everyone like them so much? Is it quality or design or what? I am being serious with the question as there is no purple in my statement:D

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I wore their pants for a long time. I tend to wear out my pants fairly quickly but I was getting fairly long life from the BDUs and TDUs. I also liked some of the design twists in the BDU like the extra interior pockets. As a maintenance guy, I also made use of the integrated kneepads in some of their designs and found the padding was easy on the knees when i was working near the floor but also didnt get in the way when I walked. I stopped wearing them mostly on account of the price. I also own an NRA branded convertable jacket/vest by 5:11 and am happy with its quality. I can't say the brand is superior to all other brands but I feel I got my money's worth from my purchases.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    The only 5.11 gear I have is their range bag and tactical vest. I've had them for 3 years and I'm completely satisfied with them. Well designed, durable, functional. They don't look 3years old, especially the range bag,which is used often. When theres a storm or blackout, the vest holds(and conceals my P-95 with light/laser,mags) tons of stuff without me looking like GI JOE. Not the cheapest,but one of the best, IMO.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    5:11 Gear

I have a lot of the 5:11 gear
    I wear the t-shirts on an almost daily basis ( they hold up well )
    I have several pairs of there pants ( no problems there either )
    I have a pullover windbreaker shirt ( great product )
    I use the bladetech 5:11 Holster for my Glock 17 and like it a lot
    its very versitile as it comes with both the belt and paddle attachment
    I use it in IDPA and also as a daily carry rig

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I've worn their pants and shirts for work since the beginning of last year and they've held up very well. I will be buying from them in the future.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Though i don't really like their "light for life" light, even that was well thought out. Everything they make is damn near perfect. Their pants and shirts are top notch and long lasting. I don't like the knee pads though.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    5.11 Tactical is a good company who designs it's products with serious input from first line users. They have good product lines and all of the equipment I have and use on a daily basis is stuff I'd recommend to another user. The only complaint that I hear from people is that they have a lot of their stuff made out of country, but it doesn't bother me that much. It is good quality gear at a good price.

I like the 5.11 Tactical Pro-Lite pants and shorts, polo shirts, TDU's, Operator belt, AR-15 mag pouches, and the PUSH pack. I use them all frequently and they hold up well and are very comfortable. Not to mention the "tacti-cool" factor!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom