• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I'm looking to get a new range/bug out bag and I've got it narrowed down to 2. Either the 5.11 Rush 24 or the 5.11 rush 72. Can anyone with experience with the packs let me know the pros and cons of each? Is the 72 too big? Is the 24 too small?

Id like to be able to be able to fill multiple roles.
    - Range Bag
    - Bug out Bag
    - Travel bag
    - Camping bag

Will I regret not having the extra room if I get the 24 or would it be big enough to fill these roles?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

rhkirk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    I'm looking at getting one like this as well. Ij going to keep ask eye on this thread

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Ive been watching alot of youtube videos on these packs and im still having a hard time deciding. The rush 24 looks like it would be a better everyday bag but the 72 has more room.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    I work for 5.11. I can help.

The Rush 24 is assault pack sized. The Rush 72 really is three day pack sized. Its big.

The Rush 24 is a nice size for a range bag or an overnight trip (or maybe a short dismounted patrol).

If you want to do camping or travel, the Rush 72 is big enough for more stuff. You could easily pack it for 3 days in the woods or a get home bag.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I have the 24 and love it... Use it on vacations as a carry on in addition to daily EMS use, I can pack for a weekend easy with it... At work we have a couple 72's. To call them big is an understatement! They are huge!

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I work for 5.11. I can help.

The Rush 24 is assault pack sized. The Rush 72 really is three day pack sized. Its big.

The Rush 24 is a nice size for a range bag or an overnight trip (or maybe a short dismounted patrol).

If you want to do camping or travel, the Rush 72 is big enough for more stuff. You could easily pack it for 3 days in the woods or a get home bag.

I have the 24 and love it... Use it on vacations as a carry on in addition to daily EMS use, I can pack for a weekend easy with it... At work we have a couple 72's. To call them big is an understatement! They are huge!

Thanks for the info guys, I think the 24 will work the best for what im going to be using it for.

Top Bottom