• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yeah but with the outcry from the zoo shooting the gorilla and all of the media attention, I think a regular person would be up to their neck in poo. There would be statements made about how the zoo itself has contingency plans to handle such a situation, that the gorilla could have been possibly spared instead of being shot ( like some claim now), and not to mention the person carrying would be doing so illegally ( unless they were on-duty law enforcement). I understand the feeling of wanting to protect the child but there are situations where trying to be a good guy makes you a bad guy.
    Is it illegal to carry at that zoo?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I understand the reasoning behind killing the gorilla, the family should be billed for ALL related costs.

BS. The Zoo is responsible for the security of the collection. This includes trespassing in the exhibits.

What's the msrp of a Silverback these days?

Several hundred thousand Dollars (American).

The animal was most assuredly insured for its full value. The Zoo will suffer no financial loss (so far as the books are concerned).

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I would have to see the gorilla actively hurting the kid to shoot it. My 9mm is unlikely to stop anything and may just provoke it to hurt the kid.

Not that I would have a problem shooting it, but 17 wounds may make it upset (no, I wouldn't miss when shooting a target below my feet, moving, while anxious/agitated and a crowd screaming at me while aiming 3' above my child)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Just saw an interview with the lady who took the video. She said that just before the incident, she heard the mother and boy arguing, repeatedly saying "I'm going in", "No, you're not."

Controversy rages after the death of a gorilla at Cincinnati zoo - Videos - CBS News
    No S**T!?
    and then what? She lets him step over the fence, crawl through the vegetation, and fall into the pit? The story I saw on the news said there was a lot of stuff to get through before getting to the edge of the pit.
    Mom of the year?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    BS. The Zoo is responsible for the security of the collection. This includes trespassing in the exhibits.

Several hundred thousand Dollars (American).

The animal was most assuredly insured for its full value. The Zoo will suffer no financial loss (so far as the books are concerned).
    Not counting the payout to Super Mom.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    tXUO1WI.jpg

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Read two different stories this morning. One said the father had a rap sheet long as your arm, probably to be charged with neglect - add that one to the list.

The other was by an expert that watched the film and said the gorilla - regardless of what it looked like it was doing - was highly likely to harm the boy before letting him go. That's why the treats didn't work - he had a treat and was evaluating it. The reason tranq's weren't used is they wouldn't work fast enough and even if they did he would likely fall over and drown, possibly trapping the boy under him and drowning him as well. Shooting was the only option as assessed by the zoo emergency response team on site.

Top Bottom