Southern Hills
    db704db47bfd6b15bee35540e282019e.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;Rs7u2TTPXFE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs7u2TTPXFE[/video]
    Yeah, even when I watched the video of the actual kid being "protected" by the silver back gorilla, (not just the video quoted above) my thoughts were that the big guy was actually protecting him from all the yelling and drama coming from the humans above. The problem is that the kid was about to get his arm or leg ripped off or paralyzed by the big guy dragging him around so rapidly. The parents had to be negligent but once that kid hits the bottom of the pit it doesn't matter. I tried to watch the video with the thought of "what would I do on the first pass" or "in real time" trying not to arm chair quarterback it by watching it over and over. My thoughts were... 1) the big guy is trying to protect it but intention aside that kid is in serious trouble, 2) having read the question of "would you shoot?" before watching the video... no, I can't say for certain my shooting would have saved that kid. Not even considering legalities because the question involves saving a kid so I don't consider legalities. 3) My gut on the first pass was to try and lead the crown into not yelling or creating a high drama reaction. It seemed apparent that the big guy was reacting from that.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Bad situation, good shoot. If you think there is a stink about shooting the gorilla, imagine the ****storm that would be happening if they didn't kill the gorilla and the gorilla killed the child.

The zoo was screwed as soon as the kid landed in the water. They did a good job keeping it from turning out even worse. Besides, the gorilla belonged to the zoo in the first place. It's not like they went out and shot someone else's gorilla.

As to the suitability of the enclosure, children, like goats, are hard to fence.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I was just there in April and was armed. I don't advertise. And like CM said, sometimes you just have to get a little poo on your hands.

Even so, you are breaking Ohio state law by carrying there and you think they are gonna be real happy with you for killing their gorilla? I understand the intent but even so, there is the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What's the penalty for carrying in a posted GFZ in Ohio? Wonder how it would effect your "propper person" status for your IN LTCH?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yeah, even when I watched the video of the actual kid being "protected" by the silver back gorilla, (not just the video quoted above) my thoughts were that the big guy was actually protecting him from all the yelling and drama coming from the humans above. The problem is that the kid was about to get his arm or leg ripped off or paralyzed by the big guy dragging him around so rapidly. The parents had to be negligent but once that kid hits the bottom of the pit it doesn't matter. I tried to watch the video with the thought of "what would I do on the first pass" or "in real time" trying not to arm chair quarterback it by watching it over and over. My thoughts were... 1) the big guy is trying to protect it but intention aside that kid is in serious trouble, 2) having read the question of "would you shoot?" before watching the video... no, I can't say for certain my shooting would have saved that kid. Not even considering legalities because the question involves saving a kid so I don't consider legalities. 3) My gut on the first pass was to try and lead the crown into not yelling or creating a high drama reaction. It seemed apparent that the big guy was reacting from that.

This ^
    The humans were making this situation worse. All the humans needed to be removed from sight of the animals ASAP.
    I wonder however did we (humans) stop the darwin theory from working on the 4 year old. :dunno:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Even so, you are breaking Ohio state law by carrying there and you think they are gonna be real happy with you for killing their gorilla? I understand the intent but even so, there is the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

What the State of Ohio doesn't know won't hurt them.

Top Bottom