• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    Just shot my new Glock 30S and, I must say, I shot it way better than my mil-spec Springfield. First time reloading 45 acp and really happy with those also.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on both the gun and the new hobby. Shooting changes significantly when you roll your own. Not only will you shoot more, but you'll have more fun doing it. I had never likes Glocks but bought one anyway just to see what I was missing and ended up liking the thing a lot. My first time shooting my Glock 23 was similar to yours in that I was really impressed with how accurate I was able to shoot it. I've since gone back to 1911 carry most of the time, but do still enjoy the Glock world too.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'm thinking hard about switching back to the 45acp, but I really like my Gen3 Glock 23. 13 rounds of 40 cal Win Ranger Bonded is pretty nasty.
    Congrats on your purchase and reloading.
    I've been reloading for almost 2 years and it's very rewarding.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just shot my new Glock 30S and, I must say, I shot it way better than my mil-spec Springfield. First time reloading 45 acp and really happy with those also.

Glad you are enjoying the new Glock. Comparing it to a Mil-spec is Apples to Oranges. Mil-Spec is battle accurate at best. The Glock should have the better groups.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congrats on the new find and welcome to the DARK DARK SIDE where you shoot Glocks and reload! I've shot a pretty wide variety of .45 ACP pistols and I'm convinced that the G21 and G30 are 2 of the finest examples of .45 Goodness on the planet. Some might look better or hold a few more rounds but if I could only have 1 .45 it'd be my Glock.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The mil-spec is probably held back by the sights.

The Glock 30 is a nice gun for a Glock, though. Of all the ones I've shot, I sucked the least with that one.

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    I've been thinking about shooting/getting one of these and your post doesn't help the lil voice in my head that's saying "go with a 1911".
    lol congrats tho!!

Top Bottom