• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shytrain01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I know this has probably been asked a million times, but i'm looking to buy some .458 SOCOM brass. I'm willing to buy loaded ammo just to get the brass. I don't care what bullet it is loaded with. If you have any, or any information as to where I can get some, please let me know.

shytrain01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks, they are like all the other places around that stock it at times, "awaiting an order". I'm hoping that I don't get my upper before I can load some ammo and have a gun with nothing to shoot out of it.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Thanks, they are like all the other places around that stock it at times, "awaiting an order". I'm hoping that I don't get my upper before I can load some ammo and have a gun with nothing to shoot out of it.

I sent ya a pm.

shytrain01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I got a couple of PM's but can't reply to any of them because i'm brand new to this site and don't have enough posts to PM back. Thanks for the info, it was received. DJ, PM me back if we are close enough.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Thanks for the info. I never thought that I would feel rushed to get ammo for a gun for deer season in June....

There was one vendor that had .458 SOCOM brass and ammo at the 1500 last week. I bought a bag of 50 new Starline cases for $45. I passed on the loaded ammo as I thought it was too pricey, but you know, now I regret not buying it...

Oh well. You still have plenty of time before deer season, my guess is some will turn up eventually.

shytrain01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks, i'll keep on checking both of those sites regularly. If you happen to run across any that you don't intend on buying yourself, please PM me. Or if you ever want to sell me some too.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Thanks, i'll keep on checking both of those sites regularly. If you happen to run across any that you don't intend on buying yourself, please PM me. Or if you ever want to sell me some too.

Indeed I will. I have an RRA SOCOM upper on order now. It's been about 6 weeks. I'm hoping it's not 6 more months. So I'm trying to gather what I need to load some .458 SOCOM ammo since I know I'll want to shoot it as soon as possible after I get it.

I have everything I think I need except primers. Ping me if deer season is upon us and you still don't have any ammo, I could probably be persuaded to loan you some cases. As we know, desperate times require desperate measures. :)

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info. I never thought that I would feel rushed to get ammo for a gun for deer season in June....

I went through the same thing a couple years ago.I bought brass and bulllets,before I got my 458. I paid dearly for the first 100. But noone seemed to have any in stock.
    I ordered 500 from Starline,with a 6 month backorder and got 100 off armslist. I got the brass from armslist on Monday for 147.00 per 100 and 2 days later ,my brass came in from Starline. Thats the way it goes.

I have been using 325 gr Hornady FTX and getting 3 shot groups touching each other at 100yds.

If you get your gun set up and you still havent found any brass, llet me know and I'll get you 10 or 20 cases.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I had my 458 upper for at least 2 years before I ever got the first round loaded and shot. I've put about 4-5 through it. Now, I need a scope for it. Haven't decided to spring for one yet.

Top Bottom