• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    A guy I work with son bought one the other day. He said his son told him he paid $600, for the rifle and scope that was already mounted. He said new, and I told him that sounds a little odd. :dunno: He bought it from a respectable shop according to the son.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That's what I was telling him. He thinks his son is lying, because his son does not have a job at the moment. I have dealt with the guys, where the gun was bought. I know well enough, there is no way in hell!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    So someone who's lying just "bought" a $1000 rifle....

Definitely a fishy story.

I mean, for $600, that's a "steal"...ahem.

-J-

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    And....? :dunno:

Seems to me that this is obviously a kid lying to his father, that happens and isn't by any means a newsworthy event. Kid also made a dumb purchase if he can't pay for it, that also happens and similarly isn't newsworthy. If you don't have a job, $600 is just as dumb and irresponsible as $1,000, I can't imagine being the father and thinking $600 is OK, but $1,000 isn't when he doesn't have a JOB!

This kind of crap happens all the time in America, it seems to be the new American Dream to buy way more than you are earning and then hope someone else pays for it.

Now if you found .458SOCOM rifles for $600 confirmed, THAT'S newsworthy.

PS I'm guessing ACME in Seymour, I know they carry .458SOCOM uppers.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I dunno if rmcrob is right, but I also know that such a combination should be at least $1000 with a cheap scope and mount.

The lowest I've ever seen a bare bones 458 Socom upper sell for is $690 and they typically sell for about $720. That is just the upper. Add maybe $275 for a cheap complete lower, $25 for cheap scope mount and $35 more for a NcStar scope that likely will blow apart and you are still over $1000. A decent 458 Socom build, with single stage mil-spec trigger and typical scope mount, fixed buttstock, etc is going to be closer to $1100 without the optics. Do anything fancy like put a high quality MagPul stock, higher grade trigger, padded grip, etc and then $1500 sounds pretty reasonable, again wihtout the optics. Decent quality optics like a Milett DMS1 add another couple hundred, higher quality optics and the sky is the limit.

if that is true give us the shops name and they will be sold out in about 5 minutes:D
    yup

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    He thinks his son is lying, because his son does not have a job at the moment.

I like the odds on this being correct - if it were true I'd have to get in on one of those myself.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    A guy I work with son bought one the other day. He said his son told him he paid $600, for the rifle and scope that was already mounted. He said new, and I told him that sounds a little odd. :dunno: He bought it from a respectable shop according to the son.

Ask his dad if his son wants to make a 100 bucks profit!

Then PM me if he does!
    :D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i like it when dumb people make gun purchases they cant afford. cause that means i will continue to make good deals when they sell low for need of cash!!

KEEP BUYING BOYS!!!

Its different when a guy suddenly loses his job, thats not his fault!! but if your unemployed and buying guns and your living paycheck to paycheck then you deserve what you get.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The kid is lying so his dad won't know he just put $2000 on his credit card. Just like I lie to my wife.
    +1

I have $650 in my upper
    $200 in my lower
    and $400 in the scope and mounts

Seems a bit low, considering that dealer cost on a RRA upper alone is just under $600; and you can't even touch the other manufacturer's uppers for that price.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Maybe he bought 100 rounds of ammo for a 458 for $600. I wanted one of these really bad until i relized how much they would be to shoot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Maybe he bought 100 rounds of ammo for a 458 for $600. I wanted one of these really bad until i relized how much they would be to shoot.

Seems to me they cost about as much as a slug from a shotgun. And considering they shoot an ounce of lead (more or less depending on the bullet weight) that actually makes sense. Now reloading makes them much more affordable.

Top Bottom