• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sam1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    new to site ,,love 1911's have7 but they all seem to like diff brands as far as feeding exccept powerball which thye all feed great ,anybody have opinon as effectiveness of this round,I read penetration could be issue:dunno:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The gel tests I have seen show that it barely penetrates to the FBI's crazy 12" (not the solid rule for civis but still comforting to know ammo will do what the FBI "likes" :D ). Gel isnt human tissue and TapOut doesn't work on the street. :D

I use it in my home gun (something to deploy so I do not have overpenetration issues if I hit the bad dude). For carry, if it will only feed ball, then ball is what she gets... (yuck, I know).

They do expand well and seem to be "denim blind" (nothing to really clog). Now, there are a lot of better choices for CARRY but for a home round, I cannot see any better. Glasers and Magsafe are a joke, light for caliber ammo seems to be the best for overpenetration environs (and all Powerball is is a light for caliber HP with a polymer ball in it).

OH, forgot to add: They make it in 9mm Makarov too! Stock up you CZ and Mak and FEG owners! My only gripe with the ammo (having shot .45, 9mm and 9mm Mak in it) is that is has a bit of flash, more so than other offerings. Not as bad as cheap ball and no where as flashy as Wolf or Remmy, but still. But, it doesn't spark like a Japanese kid's toy like Golden Sabres though :D

Top Bottom