• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I think I've seen .45 Uzi type guns but I was wondering if there are rifle options in .45 full auto ?

I know about the old Thompson WWII rifles but I've heard they may not be reliable .

So the question is , if a guy wanted to get into the NFA game in .45 rifle type gun , what are the options ?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Once in a while you can find a Reising .45ACP Sub Machine Gun (Rifle) for sale at some of the Class III dealers.
    I've never fired one and can't comment on their reliability.
    Mike

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Do not give up on a Thompson. A Thompson is a very reliable gun with quality ammo and proper maintenance. I would have to say it is probably one of the most reliable .45 sub guns out there. I have a 1928a1 that I would bet my life on.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    reising or thompson. personally I prefer the tommy, but the reising is a lot cheaper. with the market right now you should be able to get a reising under 5k. they are fun to shoot, but are prone to some breakage. spare parts are obtainable, but will take some searching. A tommy will run you 12-35k depending on make and model.

reising on subguns, 4k NFA Firearms Ads

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    What is rearsenaled ?

Rearsenaled is a term used by collectors to describe the fact that a USGI gun has gone back to an arsenal for reconditioning. Sometimes just a part or two is replaced and other times the gun is completely refinished, parts swapped out, updated parts ect.

The SMG I was talking about is a commercial gun that was redone by a private company though and not the US. Still it looks like a mint brand new SMG, just probably lost some collector value in the refinish.

HTH

Top Bottom