• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    So the tax check is coming and I feel a .45 in my future.I have been wanting a 1911 but also would like to try a Glock(21sf) on for size.If I were to get the 1911,I don't intend to break the bank because I'm trying to stretch this tax check,I'm probably getting the Springfield G.I. model or the RIA as those are the closest to the original design as I can find and are in my price range.There is much causing on selling for the Glock but I like the little things you can get for them such as custom slide plates.If I get a 1911,I want it to be just like the one that the average G.I. would've carried with no beavertail,5" barrel,etc.Recommendations anyone?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A Springfield 1911 is always a safe bet but there are others as well. The Remington 1911 R1s does a nice job of replicating the early M1911A1s but in stainless. I have a Rock Island that's been a good gun too. Whatever you buy, do a bit of research to know what you want and what you can expect from any of them. Any gun company can produce a lemon (my worst out of the box experience was with a Glock 19) so don't be too quick to dismiss a gun based on a single review. But, if there is a trend of bad reviews, be warned.

If you are a fan of the CZ 75 style firearm, take a look at the SAR K2. Those are a solid gun that gets very good reviews.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I am a 1911 guy, so I won't try to talk you out of one. Also have Glock 21, great gun as well. I am currently very intrigued by the FNX45. 15+1 in a 45 don't suck.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I just bought the Kahr cw45, havent fired it yet and I'm expecting good results by the reviews that I've been reading. Seems like a quality piece and It didnt break the bank. I'm a Glock guy and thats not gonna change. Just wanted to try something a lil different. I'll let you know tomorrow how this thing operates.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I love my Rock Island GI, good quality and as accurate as I am. I have about 1200 rounds down the pipe and not a single problem. Not the best fit and finish, but it does what a 1911 should. Mine is never going anywhere.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom