• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hello All
    My LGS (in Bloomington) has been out of .45 230 LRN for about a month now and does not know when he will be getting any in. I am down to about 50 boolits left. (Yeah, I hear you, 'Whatchya want to go and run out for?')

So, online I go.
    A couple places have interested me and would like opinions of forum members about them.

Welcome To Penn Bullets INC.
    have 1000 .45 230g for $90.00 with shipping at $13.45

Missouri Bullet Company
    has 1000 .45 230g rn for $84.00 shipping is $13.00

Have any of you seen any difference between the two companies other than a small difference in price?

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Indiana Bullet Company in New Whiteland. They are on here.... do a quick search. Andrew at Profire is carrying their lead bullets and they are really nice.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    SNS casting. Great bullets and price. They also give back to our sport by supporting our matches, here in In. And other states.:yesway:

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I have 1000ct 45cal 230gn LRN bullets in stock. I can ship them out tomorrow and have them to you by Friday. $96 shipped.

BNH = 18, sized to .452.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I just go to my garage and start cranking these out when I get low! Stupid me! ;)
    Saeco456BBblizzardcasting6.jpg

Although, I'd much rather cast and shoot these:
    200grMihecCramer5_6grAA21_188OAL45ACP.jpg

You ought to see how well they shoot out of my Thomspson!
    45ACPFriends.jpg

I don't buy boolits anymore and my lead is 99% free. Now, I do buy ones that are coated with another material. Just because I haven't launched out into the "swaging" arena YET! ;)

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I've used Missouri Bullets in .380, 9 mm.38/,357 and .45. Been happy with them. They don't lead with the loads I use but they do smoke a lot from the lube they use. Shipping is fast if they have them in stock but if they don't they still charge your Credit card while you wait but always have shipped them out before the date they said when ordering. Overall I'm happy with them, accurate and they don't lead.

I just got in some 9mm and .45 from Indiana Bullet Co. I haven't had a chance to shoot any of them yet, (just got them Thursday) Using my very scientific and and accurate hardness testing method, (small screw driver scratching on the base) they seem to be about the same hardness at the MO. bullets. It did take almost 2 weeks to get them from date of ordering but I expected that for 2 reasons, 1) they use Pay Pal which isn't the fastest payment processor and 2) What I'll call the INGO effect, (I'm sure they got a lot of orders after XDlover posted their info in the reloading section). I hope they prove to be just as good as the MO. bullets I've been using since I'd like to support an Indiana Co.

If you need them right away order from Andrew at Profire.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Here is a source right here in Indiana that I have used in the past satisfactorily. Prices seem to be competitive.

BK Bullet Casting
    2293 Paw Paw Pike
    Peru, IN 46973
    765 473 7081

KevinJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Well I made the trip up to Indy to Profire and well, didn't see a Dodge anywhere about but did see Andrew. Also saw, the supplier - Indiana Bullet Company - sorry, can't recall the name. Got home and while I have yet to load any up, they sure looked a lot better than the ones I have been getting. Thanks for all the responses.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    EDD8CD79-1.jpg

1 1/2 hours in the garage and I didn't have to drive anywhere! These will be available as long as the neighbor have cars and don't like their tires bouncing all over! ;)

Seriously, I had them lubed and sized in about another 35-40 minutes with my Star luber/sizer and there were well over a 1lb coffee can of them when done.

I love to cast as much as I like to reload or shoot! SERIOUSLY!

Top Bottom