• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    A friend of mine gave me a PT1911 to fix for him. There's no primer strike when the hammer falls. I haven't taken it apart, and I hope I don't have to because of Taurus's lifetime repair policy. I'm sure I could fix it, but I'd rather just send it in for peace of mind.

The warranty registration card is still in the box. It asks for the name of the shop that sold the gun. He doesn't know, now does his father know, who the original purchaser was or where it was purchased.

If I put down the name of the local gun shop which is a Taurus dealer, do they follow up to determine if the gun was purchased there? If so, are they able to find out who the original purchaser was? I don't know if they limit repairs to the original purchaser of the gun or if it's lifetime of the gun.

Also, does the warranty card have to be sent in for warranty coverage?

I'm sure these questions would be better answered by Taurus themselves, but say the card has to be filled out by the original purchaser with the correct gun shop, I'd like to know that before potentially barring coverage if that makes sense?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    A friend of mine gave me a PT1911 to fix for him. There's no primer strike when the hammer falls. I haven't taken it apart, and I hope I don't have to because of Taurus's lifetime repair policy. I'm sure I could fix it, but I'd rather just send it in for peace of mind.

The warranty registration card is still in the box. It asks for the name of the shop that sold the gun. He doesn't know, now does his father know, who the original purchaser was or where it was purchased.

If I put down the name of the local gun shop which is a Taurus dealer, do they follow up to determine if the gun was purchased there? If so, are they able to find out who the original purchaser was? I don't know if they limit repairs to the original purchaser of the gun or if it's lifetime of the gun.

Also, does the warranty card have to be sent in for warranty coverage?

I'm sure these questions would be better answered by Taurus themselves, but say the card has to be filled out by the original purchaser with the correct gun shop, I'd like to know that before potentially barring coverage if that makes sense?

Don't hold me to it, but I believe Taurus will honor that warranty whether the warranty card has been sent in or not.

ONTARGET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Silly guys, you don't send in the warranty on anything (guns or not) to start the countdown until something goes wrong do you? I don't:): BTW, they shouldn't care and fix it for you!:twocents:

woodsman07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    I sent a revolver to Taurus, back in the spring for warranty work. I had to take the warranty card out of the original box when I packed the revolver for shipping. So I can say for a fact you don't have to send the warranty card in to get service.

Hope this helps.

diverdown219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    N.W. IN
    What do you mean Ontarget?

Don't send in warranty card till you have problems??
    If this is the case....Doesn't the manufacturer want a dated receipt to prove time of purchase?

ONTARGET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    What do you mean Ontarget?

Don't send in warranty card till you have problems??
    If this is the case....Doesn't the manufacturer want a dated receipt to prove time of purchase?
    Big items like cars, boats etc...etc... yes. Small items such as firearms and tools generally no. Unless you are dealing with a questionable manufacture (insert name here):): they will fix it. They want the positive feedback you can give to other owners about their products. Every time I have had a problem with one I haven't sent in the card and they didn't ask for it except (insert name here):):! And no, it wasn't Taurus!:yesway: It was ? Ahh the die hards wouldn't believe it anyway.:dunno: That handgun was the worst one I have ever owned to date and was over 1K with tax. The customer service department was the hardest to deal with I have ever seen. Ok it starts with a K ?:): Oh well, I'll leave it be.:D Added benefit of having the card and box if you choose to resell.:twocents: I just feel sorry for the poor sap that bought it. Sorry my man the card is gone, I had to.:lol2:

Last edited:

SBrown

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Evansville for now
    Will someone help me out please, is constant bashing and complaining normal here (see above)? I'm new to forums, so I would hope this more isolated incidences rather than normal behavior.

Before I became a member here I read through occasionally and it seemed like I always saw bickering back and forth.

ONTARGET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Will someone help me out please, is constant bashing and complaining normal here (see above)? I'm new to forums, so I would hope this more isolated incidences rather than normal behavior.

Before I became a member here I read through occasionally and it seemed like I always saw bickering back and forth.
    It's only bashing when it didn't happen to you! Fiction or Nonfiction? When is it bad to warn others? If your neighbor saw someone breaking into your house you would want them to tell you, right?:patriot:

SBrown

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Evansville for now
    It's only bashing when it didn't happen to you! Fiction or Nonfiction? When is it bad to warn others? If your neighbor saw someone breaking into your house you would want them to tell you, right?:patriot:

I've noticed you posts in the past sir, all you did was bash the entire company.

As I said I remember reading posts between you and someone else always crying and whining about this and that. It was a large reason I never signed up, I thought that was fixed but maybe I was wrong?

I like your comparison to someone breaking in to your home, sure you'd tell them but the difference is you don't **** and moan repeating the same BS for ever. Get over it Sir!

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I don't see any whining or bickering in this thread.

Someone questioned his stance, he shared his experiences and end of story.

I think as far as internet forums go, INGO has been the most civil of all that I am a member of. There are a few heated discussions and a few others that I wouldn't dare jump into because they tread a fine line but for the most part my experiences have been positive.

Don't let a few members turn you away from this forum. I've found it to be a wonderful resource with mostly very helpful and knowledgeable members. A lot of questions you can't get the answer to without personal experience. Without having the collective experience of the forum, you'd be forced to learn yourself and sometimes that entails learning the hard way. I'd much rather hear someone else's story, then try to find others that back it up so it isn't just an isolated incident rather than go through it myself, get screwed over, then find out that there's a dozen others in my same shoes if you get what I'm saying.

SBrown

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Evansville for now

I think as far as internet forums go, INGO has been the most civil of all that I am a member of. There are a few heated discussions and a few others that I wouldn't dare jump into because they tread a fine line but for the most part my experiences have been positive.

Don't let a few members turn you away from this forum. I've found it to be a wonderful resource with mostly very helpful and knowledgeable members. A lot of questions you can't get the answer to without personal experience. Without having the collective experience of the forum, you'd be forced to learn yourself and sometimes that entails learning the hard way. I'd much rather hear someone else's story, then try to find others that back it up so it isn't just an isolated incident rather than go through it myself, get screwed over, then find out that there's a dozen others in my same shoes if you get what I'm saying.

I wasn't try to say there was bickering isolated to this thread, I was pointing out how the user in question went as far as trashing a brand in a thread for no good reason. It was someone taking about how much they liked it, it was basically peeing on someone's parade.

I not used to forums, so it is new to me with people who are 10 foot tall behind a screen.

You make a good point, this has been the best forum I have joined, even though that number is only 2. I tried a site for rifles and was quickly mad to feel stupid by not knowing much. I want to learn as much as possible and that is why I am here.

ONTARGET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009

Thank you! My point exactly and before the other gentlemen chimes in at least know what you are talking about before you criticize a manufacturer. That would be actually owning one, not I heard it from a friends friend. BTW, SBROWN since you are new to forums :rolleyes: most posters don't go after personal attacks against others FYI.:twocents:

SBrown

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Evansville for now
    Thank you! My point exactly and before the other gentlemen chimes in at least know what you are talking about before you criticize a manufacturer. That would be actually owning one, not I heard it from a friends friend. BTW, SBROWN since you are new to forums :rolleyes: most posters don't go after personal attacks against others FYI.:twocents:

So my experience with firearms from my cousin who had taught me on pistols doesn't count? I have to own everything to have an opinion?

So talking down to me and assuming my background is OK? What is :rolleyes:? Do you have a problem because I came here to learn more? Sorry

ONTARGET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    So my experience with firearms from my cousin who had taught me on pistols doesn't count? I have to own everything to have an opinion?

So talking down to me and assuming my background is OK? What is :rolleyes:? Do you have a problem because I came here to learn more? Sorry
    Not a problem because everyone has to learn sometime.:yesway: Most gun shops will back-up my statements. Ask the honest ones sometime!:patriot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

It's called , "sarcasm". :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom