• ...and so much more!
  • paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    183   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    So my question is this. Will .44 S&W Special fire out of a .44 Magnum revolver? I have some .44 S&W Special that I want to sell, and my Dad wants to buy a .44 Magnum soon. If these will work in a Magnum I'll just sell them to him.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I might be inclined to sell the 44 specials, they seem to be a little harder to get than 44 mag and there are some popular guns chambered for 44 special like the Ruger.:)

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    183   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Thanks!

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I did some searching before I posted this but couldn't find a definite answer. Dad is on a Dirty Harry kick right now and wants to get a S&W soon. If he doesn't want the ammo, it'll probably end up in the classifieds.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. I did some searching before I posted this but couldn't find a definite answer. Dad is on a Dirty Harry kick right now and wants to get a S&W soon. If he doesn't want the ammo, it'll probably end up in the classifieds.

In Magnum Force, after the shooting competition, Dirty Harry said he used 44 Specials for better control. It was not clear if this was only for the contest.:)

"Officer Phil Sweet: What kind of a load do you use in that .44?
    Harry Callahan: It's a light Special. This size gun it gives you better control and less recoil than a .357 Magnum with wadcutters."

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Why sell em'? .44 spl's are fun to shoot. I usually fire magnums for awhile, then when I'm starting to get beat down a little, I'll switch over to the specials. I just can't take the shockwaves like I used to, so I buy specials just as much as magnums anymore. Hang onto em' one day you'll appreciate them.

Top Bottom