Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Anyone here opt for the 4 year permit?
    I was thinking about getting the 4 year, to save a little money, until I read that if you went that route you can't upgrade until your LTCH is within 6 months of expiration. Which means, if you got your 4 year today but they change the law 3 years from now, and get rid of the lifetime, you would never have the opportunity to apply!

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only reason I can think of to get the 4 year is if you plan on moving out of state within that time frame. I don't plan on leaving Indiana, I went for a lifetime LTCH. To me it was worth the extra coin to never have to worry about it again.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i just re-aquired my 4 year after not having it for 8 years. i let it expire once i had a baby but recently wanted to carry again(confession: i still carrried in my vehicle, i know, i'm an outlaw). i went with the 4 years because it was cheaper, 65 dollars cheaper for me here in beautiful lake county. i mearly gambled that the lifetime will still be available in 4 years, i hope. i did catch some flack about it on here. thought about sending it back but i knew it would get all screwed up so here i am. not unhappy i didn't get the lifetime, but given the chance to do it over again i would spend the money. have fun.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The only reason I can think of to get the 4 year is if you plan on moving out of state within that time frame. I don't plan on leaving Indiana, I went for a lifetime LTCH. To me it was worth the extra coin to never have to worry about it again.

Your lifetime LTCH doesn't go away if you move out of state. You just call the ISP and have it "deactivated". If/when you move back to Indiana, you can call and have it "reactivated" without going through the licensing process again. There's a FAQ entry about it in the INGO FAQ.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Your lifetime LTCH doesn't go away if you move out of state. You just call the ISP and have it "deactivated". If/when you move back to Indiana, you can call and have it "reactivated" without going through the licensing process again. There's a FAQ entry about it in the INGO FAQ.

Why would you NEED to have your license "deactivated?":dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Personally, I don't see any good reason to opt for the 4 year vs. the lifetime.

Any money you 'save' now is not worth the hassle or cost of the renewal process every 4 years, especially if the lifetime option ever disappears.

Chuck26287

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    I think the lifetime is the clear better value in the long-term. I honestly don't feel the lifetime will be around for long. Once the market saturates, the state will feel the loss of revenue. It will then go up substantially in price, or go away all together. I got it while the getting was good. Got it for my wife and son as well. The only one I didn't try to get it for was my youngest son heading for Northern Illinois University next fall. That's the only place where I figured it wasn't worth the investment at this time.

IndyParts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ktown Indiana
    I have a LTCH. I went the 4 year route the past three times and then made a mistake and let mine expire. Didn't realize that it had expired and ended up in the back of a police car lol. I now have a LTCH.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I would have but money was (and is) tight when you are going to school full time as a disabled vet. As soon as the option becomes available I will be upgrading to the lifetime license.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    do you live in a bad part of town???? theres a reason behind what i didnt and instead of critiquing me and how i run my life MYODB. my 2 cents, i dont appreciate someone giving me financial advise. The OP asked i told him focus more on his problem and less on mine thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom