• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    He didn't 'technically' have his booger hook on the bang switch. The whole point the gun in a safe direction, thing, kind of went out the window....

Here?s What Happens When a Guy Shoots a Gun at Himself Underwater

How this violating any of the rules?

His intentions seem pretty clear, his target seems to be pretty clear, and he is consciously making that choice.

Granted unless using some rather exotic ammunition, if you're willing to accept that the laws of physics are laws, what he did was pretty well already established to not end up making a hole in himself.

It's much less concerning than people who attempt to demonstrate body armor...

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County

His intentions seem pretty clear, his target seems to be pretty clear, and he is consciously making that choice.

Granted unless using some rather exotic ammunition, if you're willing to accept that the laws of physics are laws, what he did was pretty well already established to not end up making a hole in himself.

I dunno, he seemed very relieved he didn't aerate himself with the bullet. I definitely saw a gun pointed at something that he didn't appear at the end to be willing to destroy.

There's always the final thought as you tug the string 'did I remember to carry that 1 in my equation'.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm guessing from the language (Dutch?), he's never heard of the four rules.

I'm with Tombs, that much water is the same as inches of AR500.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It just dawned on me that water is analagous to the personal shields in Dune - impervious to modern weapons but you can still stab someone.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Mythbusters, "proved that 3-4 feet of water, pretty much stopped almost any bullet .....

I can't remember all the calibers, they shot, but I remember a handgun, and a Mil., rifle .....

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Meh. You can't never point a gun at someone if you ignore physical barriers. I mean, how would an indoor shooting range work if you had to pretend the backstop and wall wouldn't catch your bullet? Or an outdoor range with berms? Water is just more dramatic because you can see through it.

That said, there's also no reason for a human to be at the end of the measuring stick...other than to get you to click on it. So, mission accomplished there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom