4 moms killed in high-speed West Side crash - We need to ban cars NOW!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I an effort to ensure that we think of the children I think we need to call, write, email, txt our legislators and ask that a new law banning cars be passed. After all if they did not have a car they would not have been speeding down the street and crashed and killed themselves.

4 moms killed in high-speed West Side crash - Chicago Sun-Times

The article does not say if alcohol was involved but if it's found to be involved please also make sure you ask that we ban alcohol as well.

:faint:

ps.
    add purple if you need it

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Think of the Children!

Think about the Children! What about them! They should make cars illegal!

Sorry, table didnt copy/paste well. Link to the file:

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1103.pdf

From CDC for 2009:

Mortality

All homicides

• Number of deaths: 16,799
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 5.5
    • Cause of death rank: 15
    Firearm homicides

• Number of deaths: 11,493
    • Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.7

Keep in mind that all homicides include both accidental, intentional, and justified homicides.

All the OP was doing was noting the disparity and the lack of outrage over car accidents when you have more people operating these deadly weapons than you have gun owners in the US.

200 to 300% higher on a good year? hmmm...

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    All the OP was doing was noting the disparity and the lack of outrage over car accidents when you have more people operating these deadly weapons than you have gun owners in the US.

200 to 300% higher on a good year? hmmm...
    Seemed pretty obvious to me.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Holy cow.. someone one post the fatalites of auto accidents sober drunk sleepy what ever quick...

Ban cars. I agree.. horse and buggy only... slow those people down... its not the speed that kills people its idiots who drive at those speeds with cheap vechiles with inproper tires and cheapo suspension packages.. oh wait thats 95% or more of The cars on the road.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    that article doesnt have any pics but i saw the report on the news and the entire front end of the car from the front bumper to the fenders was ripped off.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    that article doesnt have any pics but i saw the report on the news and the entire front end of the car from the front bumper to the fenders was ripped off.

drive very fast down that road and you win...

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

It appears they hit the metal street light post.
    Actually that was the second impact based on other news articles. First impact was the metal supports of the elevated train tracks.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    For a car to be ripped in half like that they were speeding. I don't care what anyone else says.

The airbags deployed... and didn't save anyone because the car was probably already in half.

I feel sorry for the passengers. They must've been in terror in the last few moments.

I feel MORE sorry for the first responders.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    why? :dunno:

& why? :dunno:

You can't imagine the state of their bodies after the car came to rest?

I would not want to scrape them up off the sidewalk, dude :(

The driver only has herself to blame, but the passengers may be blameless... their last moments would not have been pleasant.

I have compassion, especially for the police/fire/medics who responded to this call.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    You can't imagine the state of their bodies after the car came to rest?

I would not want to scrape them up off the sidewalk, dude :(

The driver only has herself to blame, but the passengers may be blameless... their last moments would not have been pleasant.

I have compassion, especially for the police/fire/medics who responded to this call.

Agree with the first responders on having to deal with this. No matter how many calls like this you get, its never pleasant, its never routine, and you never know which one is going to put you over the limit of death that you can handle in your lifetime.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I remember a stat from mid 90's when making airbag sensors.........

50% of vehicle deaths were from intrusion (other vehicles or objects coming into the occupant area).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We should also ban fast food restaurants, doctors, etc. (Purple)

Maybe even breathing. After all, I heard a statistic that 100% of people that breath, eventually die.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    After billing the US Government the amount of approximately 1.7 Billion US Dollars (got it in Gold, platinum, and silver btw). I conducted a study of known causes of death, death itself, avoidance measures, and statistics.

The most surprising aspect that really stumped the Senate committee that this was reported to was this:

The Number One cause of death in the United States, AND the world is this: Parturition.

After exhaustive studies, it was learned that in 99.9% of cases, if you contract this deadly disease, you will eventually die from it. All people regardless of age, gender, and creed suffer from it from one extent or another. Sometimes other diseases take you first, but this tops it all.

There was only one case (possibly two, some dude named Lazarus) that someone was able to bypass this deadly disease...

Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    After billing the US Government the amount of approximately 1.7 Billion US Dollars (got it in Gold, platinum, and silver btw). I conducted a study of known causes of death, death itself, avoidance measures, and statistics.

The most surprising aspect that really stumped the Senate committee that this was reported to was this:

The Number One cause of death in the United States, AND the world is this: Parturition.

After exhaustive studies, it was learned that in 99.9% of cases, if you contract this deadly disease, you will eventually die from it. All people regardless of age, gender, and creed suffer from it from one extent or another. Sometimes other diseases take you first, but this tops it all.

There was only one case (possibly two, some dude named Lazarus) that someone was able to bypass this deadly disease...

OK that is the best post I have ever read, we need to find the cure for this deadly condition NOW ! :D (Yes I know what is means.....)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wow. Thanks for the compassion.

no kidding. looks like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.

I'm going out on a limb here to say that jedi is illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

To the point of every time a gun is involved in a death or injury, where be it accidental or intentional,
    there are people that come out of the woodwork wanting to ban guns.

If the gun banners were not being hypocritical they would call for the banning of the automobile much in the same way.

The world is a dangerous place, you never know what will happen when you venture outside of your door.
    To put it more simply...
    Life is a beotch......... you better get a helmet.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm going out on a limb here to say that jedi is illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

To the point of every time a gun is involved in a death or injury, where be it accidental or intentional,
    there are people that come out of the woodwork wanting to ban guns.

If the gun banners were not being hypocritical they would call for the banning of the automobile much in the same way.

The world is a dangerous place, you never know what will happen when you venture outside of your door.
    To put it more simply...
    Life is a beotch......... you better get a helmet.

BINGO!

There is, however, a bright side to this story so long as you think in terms of numbers and the system. ;)

Top Bottom