• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I'm sure the national media will pick this up (as long as it fits their MO) on Monday since it happened in Aurora, CO.

4 dead after police standoff at Aurora townhome – Aurora Sentinel

AURORA| Four people, including an armed suspect, died after an hours-long police standoff Saturday at an Aurora townhome, authorities said.

Police Sgt. Cassidee Carlson said a SWAT team was called after gunshots were heard at the Aurora home near the 16100 block of East Ithaca Place near East Hampden Avenue at about 3 a.m. Investigators said three victims, all of them adults, appeared to have been killed before officers arrived.

Carlson said the suspect shot at officers at about 8:15 a.m. and was killed during a gunfight about 45 minutes later when police entered the home. It remained unclear if officers shot the suspect or if he shot himself.

A motive for the killings also was unknown.

“We’re just getting in there with our crime scene detectives, so obviously we’ll have to determine if it was our rounds or his rounds,” Carlson said. “This is a big investigation, and a lot is entailed.”

A fifth person escaped uninjured before officers arrived and reported that she saw three people inside the home who “appeared lifeless,” Carlson said. The sergeant declined to elaborate about the woman’s escape.

Police declined to release the name of the suspect or the victims.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I don't think they will touch it unless it was done by a deadly assault rifle, as this might point more in the direction of self defense in the home. People are paranoid about being out and about, and never feel that anyone will ever break into their home.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I think we are going to hear a different term soon, "assault weapon". And it wouldn't surprise me if anything holding more than 10 rounds will meet their criteria. Glocks, Sigs, XDs etc. you get the picture.
    Hope I'm wrong.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Lawn Racer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I think we are going to hear a different term soon, "assault weapon". And it wouldn't surprise me if anything holding more than 10 rounds will meet their criteria. Glocks, Sigs, XDs etc. you get the picture.
    Hope I'm wrong.

I agree. I think they will be trying to make these guns look bad also. Sad but probably true.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I don't think they will touch it unless it was done by a deadly assault rifle.

It's been a top headline in all my news feeds on my phone. The liberal media is on top of this story because it happened in Aurora, which gives them a chance to tie in to the movie theater shootings. Anything to push their MO. Now, had it just been a regular gang bang on the streets of gun-hating Chicago it would barely make waves.

Top Bottom