• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I was arriving at my parents house when the rain literally began to get hard. As we ducked into the garage, Dad's car took two good hits and I jumped out and drove my car in beside him. Both cars are fine. Then... it let loose and I ran around the back yard like a little kid grabbing the big ones as the landed. My wife called and said her work and car got hit but her car is fine too.

When I got home to my house ~40 minutes later, I found these slightly smaller stones. (or they melted some and were smaller when I grabbed them than when they fell.)

OVER 45MIN AFTER the storm (South Carmel)
    Look at the one below the Sweetgum ball... that's only the part that didn't shatter.

dscn5258r.jpg

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've seen hail that large [or slightly larger] 3 times in 2 years... Prior to that hadn't seen anything larger than pea-sized in well over 13 years.

Both times - thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicles.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Nothing like that at all in Brownsburg. Looks like it all skirted us to the north (so far).

Yea, I live at 37 and 141st Street and was home feeding kitty on my "lunch" break when we got hail. I went back to work at I69 and 96th Street and there was no signs of hail at all.

You know what all this rain and warm weather means? Time to start up the lawn mower this weekend!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Yea, I live at 37 and 141st Street and was home feeding kitty on my "lunch" break when we got hail. I went back to work at I69 and 96th Street and there was no signs of hail at all.

You know what all this rain and warm weather means? Time to start up the lawn mower this weekend!

Mowed last weekend, what it REALLY means is mushrooms!!! :rockwoot:

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    KAPOOYA!

better? :)

We got some hail near 334 and I65 but it was pretty small and only lasted a couple minutes(that's what she said)

Further south on Lafayette road got walloped. My car is pretty well destroyed. Amazed my windows are intact. My husband was already busy at work. Now he'll be skimming hoods and car tops all year lol

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was laying in bed about 2:30 am watching a movie when a huge lightning bolt came out of nowhere, hit something in my neighbors back yard, and shook shook my entire house. After a few minutes it started raining pretty heavy and there were a few flashes with some mild thunder. That only lasted about half an hour. That first bolt was pretty random. Fortunately for me my kids slept through it :rockwoot:

Top Bottom