• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crocket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    the wilson was my first option, should i get the gas block with it as well or is there a better choice ? im leaning toward magpul furniture. will this mattter on barrel nut & gas block?...i have other ars but this is my first build...thanks

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If you're going to put a free-float tube on it, then it's up to you whether you think you have the skill to install a gas block. If in doubt, have them do it this first time. Super-sonic and sub-sonic ammo? You'll want an adjustable gas block methinks.

I'll take a pic of my current setup and put it here in a bit. Sorry about pic quality. It's too bright out to get resolution of detail in this

snowy landscape.AAC 300 Snow1.jpg

Last edited:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Im looking at rainier for my pistol build. their ultramatch uses shilen blanks and the other uses WOA or wilson. I think they switched. Ill be using a match rainier for my build I think.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    I hear AAC and Noveske dominate the 300 blackout market. I know you want pistol length gas for sure. Especially for subs and or if you ever plan on shooting suppressed. I had a ddm4v5 in 300 blackout and it was a fun rifle and fun to reload for. 300 blk isn't an inherently accurate round like the 223/556, so I don't know if I would put too much into it being "match grade". Also, I recommend you take up reloading if you don't already. FActory ammo is VERY expensive, but you can reload for less than cheap 223 off the shelf. The true allure of this round is its subsonic ability while suppressed. I will get another one someday, once I get a 30 cal can.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    why pistol gas? i was really wanting to stay with carbine length I hunt in ky. so the pistol build is not what i was wanting . dont really care about suppressed.........and yes i do reload
    well i think 300 will work for you for this role but im curious why you picked this caliber over like a 6.5? better hunting bullet choices? dose 300 use a 308 bullet?

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    well i think 300 will work for you for this role but im curious why you picked this caliber over like a 6.5? better hunting bullet choices? dose 300 use a 308 bullet?

Ballistics make sense in SBR/pistol form. Also, Pistol can be used for deer in Indiana as well. 300 uses a 308 bullet so many choices there. Also easy to find brass, just cut down 223/556 brass.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Ballistics make sense in SBR/pistol form. Also, Pistol can be used for deer in Indiana as well. 300 uses a 308 bullet so many choices there. Also easy to find brass, just cut down 223/556 brass.
    but hes hunting in Kentucky and wants a carbine length rifle. so i was trying to figure out why he pick 300 over a round like 6.5or 30-30

Top Bottom