• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I bought a 500 box of Winchester at the Gander in Castleton for $28 but that was on Thursday.

And I complained when a brick of .22LR went over $12!!!!

.22LR is hard to find because with the price of ammo going up, many people resorted to .22 because it is so much cheaper. Many manufacturers responded by making more .22LR look-a-like rifles and pistols which makes it nice for people who want the looks of an MP5 (fill in your favorite) but can't afford to feed it.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    That 500 wooden box of Winchester was the same price at Wallyworld two months ago, so not a bad deal by today's standard. I bought two more of them Friday at my local GM

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If a 500 round box was $30 you would still only be paying six cents a round. A fantastic deal in my eyes, so yeah the old prices would be nice but I'm not complaining.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    my boss got me 500rd bulk packs for $22 this week. said its a guy he lives by that has his ffl and knows a place to order it that still has it in stock. no idea where he orders it from, just happy to get it.:rockwoot:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    And I complained when a brick of .22LR went over $12!!!!

.22LR is hard to find because with the price of ammo going up, many people resorted to .22 because it is so much cheaper. Many manufacturers responded by making more .22LR look-a-like rifles and pistols which makes it nice for people who want the looks of an MP5 (fill in your favorite) but can't afford to feed it.

I know I am in shock right now and refuse to shoot. I remember I was shooting three times a week and could by the big bulk Federal boxes for nine bucks. I recently down sized my collection and moved my high power stuff to the back of the safe. I want to get back into shooting rimfire and my lead hand loads for pistol. That is all I can afford. If I would have known what prices would be like I would have done some things different.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I know I am in shock right now and refuse to shoot. I remember I was shooting three times a week and could by the big bulk Federal boxes for nine bucks. I recently down sized my collection and moved my high power stuff to the back of the safe. I want to get back into shooting rimfire and my lead hand loads for pistol. That is all I can afford. If I would have known what prices would be like I would have done some things different.
    Finally somebody who shares my philosophy. Suggesting cutting back on shooting is heresy to a lot of people and I don't know why. You would not believe how violent some people have gotten with me over it.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Cabelas had a deal on 2100rds of Federal 36grHP for 92 + a .50 cal ammo can it comes in. With shipping it was $0.0533/round. Best deal I've seen in awhile. I would keep watch to see if they offer it again or something similar.

Keep an eye on slickguns.com. They will usually have links to decent deals on bulk .22.

Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    Bass Pro in Clarksville has it. I paid $15 for 333 Round Winchester White boxes a few weeks ago. Not sure what they have now.

Top Bottom