• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    going to be setting out to the 1500 in about an hour to do my sunday discount ammo grab... who has seen good prices on good (not wolf, bear, norinco, other laquered) .223 ammo?

btw im not against wolf, bear, etc... i shoot that through my AK, and will be buying more for it today, but I'm new to the AR world and it seems they dont like trash ammo too much, plus it voids my warranty.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wolf .223 is not lacquer coated like brown bear. It is poly coated and very reliable. Runs through my AR's like creamed corn through a goose.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    sadly, my manufacturer explicitly states that shooting wolf voids my warranty :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the all say no steel cased ammo or reloads. CYA at its best. I've seen a few AR's that didn't like factory Lake City rounds, but ate Wolf like a champ. Find what works in your rifle before you buy a few cases.;)

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    sadly, my manufacturer explicitly states that shooting wolf voids my warranty :rolleyes:

Build your own AR and you dont have to follow manufacturers limitations.... and you can save a few hundred $$ to buy the good ammo.... and I reload too which saves $$ but also voids their warranties in many cases...:dunno:

IMO shooting Wolf in ARs caused my extractors to wear out quicker, one of my ARs usually had a case get stuck in the chamber after 500+ rounds too, but knowing that I usually cleaned it up real quick and then I never had that issue.... that was also a SS barrel and chamber, not chromed.

The rest of my ARs ran Wolf just fine, but I can reload cheaper than buying it now so....:ar15:

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    Build your own AR and you dont have to follow manufacturers limitations.... and you can save a few hundred $$ to buy the good ammo.... and I reload too which saves $$ but also voids their warranties in many cases...:dunno:

IMO shooting Wolf in ARs caused my extractors to wear out quicker, one of my ARs usually had a case get stuck in the chamber after 500+ rounds too, but knowing that I usually cleaned it up real quick and then I never had that issue.... that was also a SS barrel and chamber, not chromed.

The rest of my ARs ran Wolf just fine, but I can reload cheaper than buying it now so....:ar15:

I am building my own AR at the moment... bought my parts kit from Del-Ton and they said no wolf :-(. ended up buying a brand called precision cartridge (made here in IN) from one of the dealers sharing a table with INGO. Also got 500 rds of WOLF ammo for my AK.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm pretty sure the all say no steel cased ammo or reloads. CYA at its best. I've seen a few AR's that didn't like factory Lake City rounds, but ate Wolf like a champ. Find what works in your rifle before you buy a few cases.;)

+1 .... If wolf works fine in yours, why not save some money. Only thing I found with it is its a bit dirtier than some and not as hot as some 5.56 loads. Try a few boxes yourself of several different types, then the decision will be much easier.

Also, like mentioned above, most if not all manuals say you void the waranty if you so much as shoot reloads.

Top Bottom