• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    Hello guys as I have already posted in the "new shooters" thread and got some info on the direction I want to go I figured I would start a new thread about just that. I am looking to get into entry level competition shooting with .22 cal guns I have a couple ruger 10/22s one is pretty set up with a bull barrel, trigger, scope, and thumbhole stock the other is factory syn. stock stainless barrel. I also have a walther P-22 target model that I would like to compete with also. Now for what I need to find out where do I find info on these classes of competitions and where do I find out when and where they are? I know of the FNS down in Indy but that is the only one I have really came across that has the small caliber class. Just an advace thanks to everyone here as I am new to this and just kinda trying to figure things out.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Every steel match in the state is listed here: Indygunracers.com - Indiana Competition Shooting Info Please know that most clubs dormant during December, January, and February. So, other than FNS you might be slim on clubs that host matches. Check the club's website for further details.

There is also a lot of information on Steel Challenge here: SCSA

ETA: since you're in West Lafayette, the closest clubs that shoot steel regularly are Wildcat (Brookston), Atlanta CC (Atlanta, IN), and North Porter County CC (Chesterton).

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    indygunracers.com would be a good place to look. Just look for steel matches near you. I'm not sure if some of these places are still holding matches. Steel challenge matches are generally March through November.

Friday night steel is year round and located on the west side of indy. Keep an eye out for a friday night steel thread in the next few weeks or check the archives.

Welcome aboard

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Every steel match in the state is listed here: Indygunracers.com - Indiana Competition Shooting Info Please know that most clubs dormant during December, January, and February. So, other than FNS you might be slim on clubs that host matches. Check the club's website for further details.

There is also a lot of information on Steel Challenge here: SCSA

ETA: since you're in West Lafayette, the closest clubs that shoot steel regularly are Wildcat (Brookston), Atlanta CC (Atlanta, IN), and North Porter County CC (Chesterton).

Once again slow 1911s beat me to the punch

What they said:)
    and welcome

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    To answer your other question, I believe that all of the steel matches have a rimfire division. It will be split up between two classes, one where scopes and optics are allowed, and iron sight only.

dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    Thank you guys for the info. I plan on trying to attend FNS this month and hopefully attend more during summer but just wanting to try it out and see if it is something I will enjoy

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Im sure you will enjoy, bring extra ammo, all the magazines you have, at least 5 is very helpful, and find a way to join the group for dinner afterwards.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    You WILL enjoy it. I can't imagine anyone coming to an event and not having fun!!

I sell AR500 targets as well, so if you are ever looking to pick up your own set of ringers, let me know.:yesway:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You WILL enjoy it. I can't imagine anyone coming to an event and not having fun!!

I sell AR500 targets as well, so if you are ever looking to pick up your own set of ringers, let me know.:yesway:

He sells good stuff; this is where we get most of the steel for FNS. Come out to FNS, and I bet you'll have a great time (and possibly get hooked, like we are).
    See you then!

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    To answer your other question, I believe that all of the steel matches have a rimfire division. It will be split up between two classes, one where scopes and optics are allowed, and iron sight only.

Is that true for FNS at MCF&G? When I was there last month, I don't recall anyone using optics on their 22's. Also, I went back and checked the results and don't see that division listed.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Is that true for FNS at MCF&G? When I was there last month, I don't recall anyone using optics on their 22's. Also, I went back and checked the results and don't see that division listed.

The have .22R and .22P classes only to distinguish. Trust me, there was optics out there on some of the .22s;)

Top Bottom