• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I recently purchased a Marlin model 60 and I just love the hell out of it. Took it to the range and put 250 rounds through it. By the end of it I was dinging the 100 yard steel plates out at Marion County fish and game no problem, and that was just with iron sights.

Not nearly as many customization option as a 10/22, but it's still a great rifle. I got one for a little over 100 dollars and it was a great investment.

There's a lot of wiggle room for .22s though. Plenty of good options out there.

Edit: The tube mag holds about 14-18 rounds depending on what year your model 60 was made. Doesn't bother me, but it might be a negative for some.

DOUBLE EDIT: I should pay more attention. A Marlin 60 isn't at all a military style .22, although there are some tactical stocks you could get for it. Made a fool of myself lol. That's what I get for not reading the OP more thoroughly.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Go with the 15-22.
    Just bought one last weekend at the FW Gun Show. Got it for $419 from ZX Guns (model with compensator on barrel). I went shooting steel with my 15 yr old son that afternoon after dressing it up with XTM panels, broomhandle VFG, and a CompM4 copy sight from Primary Arms that I had laying around. We only shot minimags out of it and it was AWESOME. What a blast we had. Cannot go wrong with the 15-22. It will also sharpen your skills for use with your full power AR as the mag release, charging handle, safety, et al, are in the same place as your AR. Get one.......now!:rockwoot:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a Sig 522, it's a very well made rifle shoots great with no problems so far. The only thing I don't like is it comes with no sights, but it does have a rail. I have an Aimpoint clone mounted on it at the present.

Dave

Top Bottom