• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Stopped in at Dicks in cincinnati today to pick up a steel gun cabinet that I've been looking for. Don't like dicks much but they had a great price on the cabinet. Anyway, I noticed they had a bunch (2 shelves) of CCI 22LR ammo. I asked and it was 39 a brick. A bit steep but that was the most 22 that i've seen in a long while.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If thats a brick of 100, they can go F*** themselves with a rusty doorknob. While they are at it they can cram that ammo up there too.

I just bought a couple bricks at $10. While a little more than I paid pre panic, still within reason.

At $39/brick No wonder they have plenty.

With that being said, If its a 500 bulk pack, I take everything i said above back.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I really don't care if they have it in stock and are selling it for $1/box. I'm not spending my $$$ at Dicks. This outfit sold-out to the anti-gun zealots and dropped anything that they felt was an "assault weapon" from their lineup. Ok, that's great, the anti's can shop there all they want and be "safe" from such horrific danger. I'll go elsewhere!

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    If thats a brick of 100, they can go F*** themselves with a rusty doorknob. While they are at it they can cram that ammo up there too.

I just bought a couple bricks at $10. While a little more than I paid pre panic, still within reason.

At $39/brick No wonder they have plenty.

With that being said, If its a 500 bulk pack, I take everything i said above back.

A brick has always been 500. (used to be 10 50rd boxes) and at $40, that is about double what it was selling for pre-stupidity...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I stand corrected... I bought two BOXES for $10 ea.

Still steep, but not insane like I thought it was.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Rural King was selling a brick for 29. I thought that was high. 39 is too high. Please don't buy it for 39. We are setting new prices.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I stand corrected... I bought two BOXES for $10 ea.

Still steep, but not insane like I thought it was.

Not insane? One box of .22LR is generally considered 50 rounds. A brick of .22LR is ten boxes of 50 in a single package, or 500 rounds. At ten dollars a box, you are talking $100 for a brick. If that is not insane, I will be happy to sell you a box at 3/4 that.

Not really, I could never live with myself if I did that to someone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not insane? One box of .22LR is generally considered 50 rounds. A brick of .22LR is ten boxes of 50 in a single package, or 500 rounds. At ten dollars a box, you are talking $100 for a brick. If that is not insane, I will be happy to sell you a box at 3/4 that.

Not really, I could never live with myself if I did that to someone.
    Well, except CCI typically comes in 100 round plastic boxes... it's all so confusing! :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've started carrying real bricks because I'm not gonna pay the high prices for bricks of ammo.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Well, except CCI typically comes in 100 round plastic boxes... it's all so confusing! :):

Good point, I forgot about those.

Also, should a 525 round "value pack" of loose .22LR be called a value pack as it is more than a standard "brick"? I would guess so.

Then there are the other "oddball" number boxes of 333 or so rounds.

Yes, it really gets confusing. In that case a "box" of 333 rounds (Winchester sells them) for $10 is a very good price.

Yep, confusing. :n00b:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ill pay 39 for a brick of CCI SV because its stupid quiet in my suppressors but would not pay more then that. as for federal bulk 525 at wally i wont pay more then 29 a brick

Top Bottom