• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm waiting for the other side of capitalism to kick in and increase supply. I'm wondering why that doesn't seem to be happening. There's been more than enough time for it.

I've wondered this myself. From what I read and hear, the manufacturers are "running around the clock" to keep up. Ramping up production requires capital investment. Obtaining equipment, tooling, floor space, etc. I would imagine would take time to obtain and set up... and that's assuming the manufacturers are willing to bet the shift in the demand curve is permanent.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I know. Noone should be allowed to post until they have at least 200 posts.

MindBlownGif.gif

Rockbear78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Westfield
    I've wondered this myself. From what I read and hear, the manufacturers are "running around the clock" to keep up. Ramping up production requires capital investment. Obtaining equipment, tooling, floor space, etc. I would imagine would take time to obtain and set up... and that's assuming the manufacturers are willing to bet the shift in the demand curve is permanent.

Pretty much they are, but unfortunatly folks are doing things like buying thousands of rounds of 22 then just sitting on it, instead of the normal consumption, tie that in with the ones who buy it only to resell it, all of those are the factors that are causing it as we see it right now.

was at the range last week a a fella was talking about his "friend" that is retired and every day spends hours driving to anywhere he can get ammo and buying all the 22 he can find or they will sell him, now mind you this is third hand, but the guy said his friend was setting on easily over 20k rounds. sure there were always preppers that would grab some, but this guy is getting it because he belives that all ammo will be banned by december :rolleyes:

nebulous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was at Gander Mountain in Castleton today and they had a lot of ammo of all sorts, including a lot of stuff like 45 and 9mm that has been a little scarce the last few months. I am pretty sure I saw some .22 but since I wasn't looking for it I am not sure. May be worth a call to them.

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    Gander is a good test case. From what I see, people line up the day shipments are due in and buy up most if not all 22lr when the store opens. Only occasionally do I see 22lr on the shelves at Gander. I've never been lucky enough to see it at a Walley in over a year.

The good news, 9mm is starting to come back around. So, if u can't find 22 and u want to shoot, shoot what u can find!

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    Well, I am still a believer that the people who work for Wal Mart, are keeping it back for friends. Either that or they call their friends right before putting it out on the shelves. I still believe this because after talking to different people who work in the ammo area, each has a different answer as to when it comes in. Such as: 1. I haven't seen ammo come in Wal Mart for months. 2. It comes in weekly, you just have to be here. 3. Our trucks come in at mid-night, its put on the shelves between then and 6AM. Bull crap. As far as #3 goes, I have tried that, no luck. A person I know, not a friend, who has a relative that works at WM, seems to say that he always has .22 rounds. Gee, I wonder why?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I bought 45K rounds as a insurance replacement. Paid 13.5 cents per round... much higher than the 3.8 cents per round that I paid for it a few years ago. So am I hoarding .22LR? Your damn right I am...

Gunner

OK, let's do the math:

45,000 rounds X $0.135 = US$ 6,075.00

You really dropped that on .22LR ammo? Seriously?

A foole and his monie be soone at debate,
    which after with sorrow repents him too late.[SUP][1]

([/SUP]
    Thomas Tusser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[SUP])

[/SUP]
    If they pay a penie or two pence more for the reddinesse of them..let them looke to that, a foole and his money is soone parted.

(A fool and his money are soon parted)

Hope you have enough to last through the apocalypse. :laugh:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    OK, let's do the math:

45,000 rounds X $0.135 = US$ 6,075.00

You really dropped that on .22LR ammo? Seriously?

A foole and his monie be soone at debate,
    which after with sorrow repents him too late.[SUP][1]

([/SUP]
    Thomas Tusser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[SUP])

[/SUP]
    If they pay a penie or two pence more for the reddinesse of them..let them looke to that, a foole and his money is soone parted.

(A fool and his money are soon parted)

Hope you have enough to last through the apocalypse. :laugh:
    At least he's not on here acting like he needs a life saving organ transplant but is holding out because $50 is too much to pay out.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Of course people at retailers are holding it for them and their friends. Why wouldnt they? Is it wrong? sorta yes and sorta no.

I had the manager at a local walmart, who was very nice, look into why their inventory showed something their shelves did not. She went and looked, and sure enough, there it was, in the cage back in receiving, "hiding back behind some other ammo"

Ive worke din retail, and this is no different that people knowing a price markdown is coming, and telling their friends and family, or buying it then giving it to their family, and getting repaid for it. Its life..

I have nothing against the hoarders, I do not like the flippers at all though. Its not illegal, and everything about this country says its the right thing to do, but it still just feels like a dirty thing to do. Like 5 dollar bottles of water during a natural disaster.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Of course people at retailers are holding it for them and their friends. Why wouldnt they? Is it wrong? sorta yes and sorta no.

I had the manager at a local walmart, who was very nice, look into why their inventory showed something their shelves did not. She went and looked, and sure enough, there it was, in the cage back in receiving, "hiding back behind some other ammo"

Ive worke din retail, and this is no different that people knowing a price markdown is coming, and telling their friends and family, or buying it then giving it to their family, and getting repaid for it. Its life..

I have nothing against the hoarders, I do not like the flippers at all though. Its not illegal, and everything about this country says its the right thing to do, but it still just feels like a dirty thing to do. Like 5 dollar bottles of water during a natural disaster.

I always wait til I have a major health issue to buy health insurance. Now with Obamacare, those greedy insurance companies can't deny me.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Its amazing how the flippers say they dont care what others think, but theyre always the first one to defend themselves. I dont care if you buy and resell ammo, it just means I dont like you. Chances are, once I got to know you, I wouldnt like you THEN either. Likewise, you wouldnt like me. No need to spat about it. We dont see eye to eye. Such is life.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Its amazing how the flippers say they dont care what others think, but theyre always the first one to defend themselves. I dont care if you buy and resell ammo, it just means I dont like you. Chances are, once I got to know you, I wouldnt like you THEN either. Likewise, you wouldnt like me. No need to spat about it. We dont see eye to eye. Such is life.

I haven't bought more than 100 rounds of ammo in the last couple years and haven't sold a single round. Try again.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

the $5 bottle of water is so that you look at it and say "Im thirsty. I NEED a bottle of water. FIVE BUCKS! I guess i'll just buy one since that is what I need." without the price increasing at all, you pile the entire stock of water bottles "just in case", depriving the guy behind you that also NEEDS ONE bottle of water. (and can get none thanks to the hoarder(flipper).

Personally given the flipping going on, I wish more retailers put reasonable limits or raised prices a bit to slow the flippers down.

Last edited:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I haven't bought more than 100 rounds of ammo in the last couple years and haven't sold a single round. Try again.

Well, if thats the case, I apologize if you felt I pointed that at you. I could have sworn Id seen you in the past, talking about, and defending, ammo flipping.

As I said, Its legal, and if thats what your into, so be it. But I have every right to think your an ******* for it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You can be a total jackwagon and still not be doing anything illegal. Seen the OC incident in Vincennes thread? :lmfao:

If you havent, I'll give you cliffs notes: OP states 2 pistol OCers and a AR OCer went to McDs. AR guy got harassed and if the story is true the cops were over the top (hollywood script level) jerks.
    The rest of the thread is essentially arguing back and forth about long gun OCing, we are gonna lose our rights if we dont do it regularly, IF you dont think its a good idea you are just as bad as Obama, etc, etc etc. Wallet even gets a mention eventually.

There. Now you can save two days of your life. LOL

Top Bottom