• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    typo in OP?? in = is ??

anyways, I'd be a bit surprised if it were. However, I hae heard from friends in other areas that it's not as bad. I don't know if I fully trust their opinion, based on the kind of shooting they do (rarely).

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    No. And several national forums I regularly view have been complaining about the shortage around the country since it started.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I travel all over the eastern half of the country and it is hard to find .22 ammo most places. I saw plenty at Palmetto State Armory store in Columbia, SC last week but it was high cost in my opinion. I have hit and missed getting it at Cabelas in Bowling Green, KY and in Wheeling, WV.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive seen firsthand it is bad all over, but markedly worse here. Except in the peak of the panic, I could count on finding enough non-bulk packs in Columbus, OH when I traveled. It was weird.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    There is a shortage, but it can be found... I however won't buy it at 10 cents a round!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I travel thoroughly within the lower 48.

It is the same at every Wallmart I've stopped into. I'm not scouring the independent shops for 22lr, I'll just stop into some of them as I'm passing through.

It seems like from Arizona to Vermont it's the same old story.

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    I live in Louisiana and I haven't seen .22lr in Walmart in over 2 years. The local gun shops still have a 2 box (50 or 100 round boxes) limit. I'm moving to Indy in a few weeks and I hope I'll be able to restock.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    No shortage in my ammo locker, and hasn't been since 2005.
    I don't shoot as much of it these days, but if I want to I can...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It's not nearly as bad as it was. Every gun show I've been to in the last year has had plenty for $45 a brick, and I was at a Cabelas in Chattanooga Tennessee about a week ago and they had a dozen bricks for $35 each at 7:00 in the evening. While these prices are still elevated, they are a far cry from the $80 a brick of four years ago. As long as there isn't another panic things will eventually get back to normal. I'm saying two more uneventful years and we'll be okay. If a Democrat gets the next presidential election it'll probably jump back up again. Personally at $35/brick I'll stock up. That's still the cheapest shooting around.

Oh, and just to cover our bases here and save everybody some time:
    "I bought 400,000 rounds 20 years ago, why didn't you?"
    "Shoulda stocked up earlier."
    "I'll sell you some for $2 a round."
    "Quit whining."
    "Place sarcastic comment here."
    ".22 was only $3 a brick when I was a boy."

I'm checking out of this one.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    No .22 shortage out here. Last two months has been steady in the LGS and Cabela's and Dicks.
    I have not seen bulk at Wally in about 18 months, I do know that is the definition of the shortage for some. But yup, plently of .22 of all varities out here.
    It does seem that there is a bigger isssue in IN from what I see you all post.

Sample prices 333 Winchecter packs $19
    500ct. Thunderbolyt $33
    CCI 100ct. sleeves $8.99 for minimag and some other varuiety
    cci 50ct Standard velocity $4.99 (why?)
    Other varieties like Armscor similarly priced
    Some match grade stuff as well.

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    The "No .22LR" signs at Wal-Mart are almost curled and yellowed they've been up so long... Was at GM in Greenwood yesterday looking for other ammo, tey had Federal Gold Medal Match for $5/50, Some Eley for like $20 or so... And I think some CCI Mini-Mag 100 round boxes (forget the price, but seemed high), no bulk (oh, and some .22LR shotshells)

Got out with some clearance .223 69gr, and none of the .300 BLK I was looking for... a mostly painless trip. I did stop to look and chuckle at their gun prices...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just to support what some others have said: My brother lives in Tennessee and the shortage is just as bad down there as it has been here. I think the ice is thawing but we're still a long way away from being able to take it for granted it'll be there anytime we're ready.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There's an LGS in the Indy area that still has quite a bit of Remington for $29.99 per 500.

I try to stop in and get a box every payday.

I'd tell you guys where it is, but then you jackals would go and buy it all.

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Gander Mountain in Greenfield has had some in for the last two weeks. 325ct Federal Automatch for $22. They've CCI at several different times and some of the Remington Golden Bullets. It's off and on, but living really close has those advantage's to just drop by.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I always look when traveling and rarely find any. If I do it is $5-6 per 50. However, this past February I was in Gainesville for an archery tourney. The Walmart had just received a shipment and two employees were unloading a pallet of boxes of ammo. They kept laughing because every box they opened was 22s. They didn't have enough to shelf space. My problem was that I flew there.

Top Bottom