Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Angering potential customers is not a good business model.
    It’s been a long time since Ford had a good business model.

Billions lost on their crappy EVs that no one wants, and **** tier quality on the rest of their models. If nothing changes, I’ll be surprised if they are still in business in 10 years.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It’s been a long time since Ford had a good business model.

Billions lost on their crappy EVs that no one wants, and **** tier quality on the rest of their models. If nothing changes, I’ll be surprised if they are still in business in 10 years.

I am in an online group where you need to be a dealership owner, GM, sales manger, sales or service manager to be in. The guys with Ford are begging dealerships to take Mach IIIs, and Lightenings. They are offering to cover all shipping cost and even including regular gas cars thrown in as an incentive. To be fair all dealerships are having a hard time moving their EV's, but Ford seems to be having the toughest time.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I am in an online group where you need to be a dealership owner, GM, sales manger, sales or service manager to be in. The guys with Ford are begging dealerships to take Mach IIIs, and Lightenings. They are offering to cover all shipping cost and even including regular gas cars thrown in as an incentive. To be fair all dealerships are having a hard time moving their EV's, but Ford seems to be having the toughest time.
    EV's go with 15 minute cities and gubmint control. No thank you.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    To be fair all dealerships are having a hard time moving their EV's, but Ford seems to be having the toughest time.
    I are not always the smartest person in the room....

Would not that prove Ford's traditional, loyal, multi-generational customer base wants gasoline and diesel engines, therefore, further evidence they need to move off said model (no matter what the government wants)?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    From the patent, it's clear this is aimed at being installed *in police vehicles* but that's not interesting so no media outlet reports it. Never listen to the media. Always go to the primary source.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20240239352 for anyone interested.

The patent would cover any vehicle, because that's how patents work, but actually read the examples and use case scenarios. Unless we think civilian cars are utilizing pursuit recording after identifying a speeding vehicle and alerting other vehicles in the area as to speed, location, etc...

Also published the same day was a patent for launching and retrieving drones from a vehicle by an operator in the interior of the vehicle.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    From the patent, it's clear this is aimed at being installed *in police vehicles* but that's not interesting so no media outlet reports it. Never listen to the media. Always go to the primary source.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20240239352 for anyone interested.

The patent would cover any vehicle, because that's how patents work, but actually read the examples and use case scenarios. Unless we think civilian cars are utilizing pursuit recording after identifying a speeding vehicle and alerting other vehicles in the area as to speed, location, etc...

Also published the same day was a patent for launching and retrieving drones from a vehicle by an operator in the interior of the vehicle.
    Be Gone! Destroyer of myth and angst! Be gone, I say!

I usually like to to the same, but I had other things to attend to. :)

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Top Bottom