• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    It's been dead around home. Seen a Hen last week with chicks, know of a couple nest sites. Been hammering coons to prevent nest raids.

Been trying to get my boy on a bird, I've been a bad guide this year. Got the ole honey hole as a last resort. Hopefully it pays off .

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    13,537 birds checked in as of this morning. We might beat last year's total harvest but I highly doubt it. We have passed 2022's harvest total.
    The birds here in Perry Co. are pretty quiet. I'm not seeing nor hearing any hens. I'm pretty sure they are nesting pretty hard.
    If the hens are on the nest then the toms are VERY vulnerable to soft, light calling...

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    If the hens are on the nest then the toms are VERY vulnerable to soft, light calling...
    Tom's were very vocal all day yesterday. I was sitting on the porch yesterday afternoon with my daughter and heard one gobbling up on the hillside. Every few minutes he would gobble. Just for fun , I went and grabbed my slate and a decoy and put it in the yard. I hit a couple soft calls and he was gobbling his head off. Waited about 10 minutes and he was strutting in the yard. So they are definitely on the prowl for the last receptive hens.

Today there was nothing

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I saw several Tom's and a couple hens out in fields between Versailles and Aurora on US 50 this afternoon on the way home from my hunting trip to Perry County. Dearborn County has killed a handful more turkeys than Perry County this year.

Top Bottom