• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    1:16 is almost nothing for a bullet that heavy. Usually I think you'd want more like 1:7.
    1:16 is the most common for the 350L, I think I've seen them as fast as maybe 1:12 but that's definitely not as readily available. I put my money on it's a BCA issue. In my experience with them, accuracy is less than stellar to say the least. They usually function ok.... but I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if I was standing inside of it with some of BCA's stuff.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    1:16 is the most common for the 350L, I think I've seen them as fast as maybe 1:12 but that's definitely not as readily available. I put my money on it's a BCA issue. In my experience with them, accuracy is less than stellar to say the least. They usually function ok.... but I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if I was standing inside of it with some of BCA's stuff.
    Ah, my bad. I think I had .223 in my head when thinking about twist rates.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Well whatever the case either equipment or ammo it keyholes the 180g and shoots a good for me group at 100yds with 150g

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    Well whatever the case either equipment or ammo it keyholes the 180g and shoots a good for me group at 100yds with 150g
    Sounds like you found the cartridge the gun likes. I have been very pleased with the performance of 350 on deer. Furthest shot 254 yards, dropped her although I hit about 5 inches further right then I thought my aimpoint was. Furthest tracking job was for a friend who put a shot a little high and back, still only went 75 yards with good trail. Of the 5 I have taken with it 4 dropped where they stood, one stumbled about 15 yards and was done.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Sounds like you found the cartridge the gun likes. I have been very pleased with the performance of 350 on deer. Furthest shot 254 yards, dropped her although I hit about 5 inches further right then I thought my aimpoint was. Furthest tracking job was for a friend who put a shot a little high and back, still only went 75 yards with good trail. Of the 5 I have taken with it 4 dropped where they stood, one stumbled about 15 yards and was done.
    I don’t have anywhere to test over 100yds unfortunately so not comfortable taking the shot. Although I sighted it in about an inch high at 100 so I am hoping if need be I can stretch it a touch

The ones that dropped was it shoulder shots?

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    I typically aim for vitals and try to avoid shoulders. 3 were less than 40 yards and I double lunged them. The long shot she was hung up in a field and wouldn't come in. I snuck to the edge of the field and had a good stable kneeling shot leaning against a tree. She was slightly quartering so I aimed for the shoulder on that one. She had her head down feeding and I ended up hitting her in the top of the head. At less than 50 yards it is still carrying a good amount of energy and I am pretty sure in addition to the 2 holes the internal shock finished them. The one that stumbled about 15 yards was a buck and his heart was jelly. The others were all does. I typically consider it a 200 yard or less gun, preferably 150. I know ballistically it is good to 250 so decided to try and stretch it that one time. Don't think I will do it again. My groups really open up at 200 at the range.

Top Bottom