• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've only eaten bear one time. It was a black bear harvested in Ontario by a p.o.s. hunter who only wanted the hide and had every intention of wasting the meat. Once word got around camp what he planned on doing he got a heavy dose of the stink eye, and maybe a few lectures on the ethics of hunting. After the good hunters tuned him up a bit he gladly donated the meat to the guides wife who marinated it over night and fed everyone steaks the following night. All kidding aside, that was a delicious steak that I'll never forget. It's one of those meals that I'll never forget.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I've only eaten bear one time. It was a black bear harvested in Ontario by a p.o.s. hunter who only wanted the hide and had every intention of wasting the meat. Once word got around camp what he planned on doing he got a heavy dose of the stink eye, and maybe a few lectures on the ethics of hunting. After the good hunters tuned him up a bit he gladly donated the meat to the guides wife who marinated it over night and fed everyone steaks the following night. All kidding aside, that was a delicious steak that I'll never forget. It's one of those meals that I'll never forget.
    The high fence operation that just closed across the road from the cabin used to bring us hind quarters from the hunters that didn't want it. We cut a bunch of meat here!

Top Bottom