2016 NWI INGO & DNR WINAMAC Famliy Event - Volunteers Needed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I might actually be able to make this one. I've been out of town (or country) on business for all the previous ones. I will RO the shotgun range or whatever. Do we need clays? Are they hand throwing or machine?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    List has been updated we have all instructors and ROs slots filled. :)
    If we get any additional help we can switch some people around to give some of the instructors a break.
    What I still need is 1 to safety greeters. These folks will be at the registration table and go over the safety rules with the people and direct them to the various stations.

@bigrectic
    DNR supplies all the clays and they have 2 machines. If you have a machine for a backup that is great. We have yet to ever need one but you never know. Hand throwers as well in case the machines break.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Thanks to a very generous donation by the VFW 1130 Friday Night Bingo we are up to 355 dollars soon. I will be appearing before the officers meeting for VFW 1130 on Monday and the Wall Gang at the legion in Michigan city on Tuesday to ask for more donations. I will also be going to our monthly meeting the first Tuesday of March to also ask for a donation. I really hope we agree on t shirts for the kids. I would like a 10 dollar donation for shirts at the youth shoot with 1/2 going to the DNR and the other to us for next year. I ask Jedi to please send me last years flyer so I can show what we are about as I talk about what we are doing.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Thanks to a very generous donation by the VFW 1130 Friday Night Bingo we are up to 355 dollars soon. I will be appearing before the officers meeting for VFW 1130 on Monday and the Wall Gang at the legion in Michigan city on Tuesday to ask for more donations. I will also be going to our monthly meeting the first Tuesday of March to also ask for a donation. I really hope we agree on t shirts for the kids. I would like a 10 dollar donation for shirts at the youth shoot with 1/2 going to the DNR and the other to us for next year. I ask Jedi to please send me last years flyer so I can show what we are about as I talk about what we are doing.
    :rockwoot:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    List has been updated we have all instructors and ROs slots filled. :)
    If we get any additional help we can switch some people around to give some of the instructors a break.
    What I still need is 1 to safety greeters. These folks will be at the registration table and go over the safety rules with the people and direct them to the various stations.

@bigrectic
    DNR supplies all the clays and they have 2 machines. If you have a machine for a backup that is great. We have yet to ever need one but you never know. Hand throwers as well in case the machines break.

I didn't see the shotgun range on the volunteer list.
    And I didn't see father of actaeon on the list.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    .22lr rifle with supressor is the bench you will be on.
    Kids will have zero to some experience with rifles.
    Steel plated targets they will be hitting

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My VFW post 1130 has made a generous donation of 100 to bring our total to 475. Please be so kind as to support these businesses. I know the VFW is a tax deductible charity and post 1130 can use any help for the vets of Laporte. We now have 4 businesses with my wife once she decides how much she will give. I would like to find 5 more. I need an answer asap if we will have shirts available for the kids and families to make a donation for with 50% of the donations going to the DNR.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My VFW post 1130 has made a generous donation of 100 to bring our total to 475. Please be so kind as to support these businesses. I know the VFW is a tax deductible charity and post 1130 can use any help for the vets of Laporte. We now have 4 businesses with my wife once she decides how much she will give. I would like to find 5 more. I need an answer asap if we will have shirts available for the kids and families to make a donation for with 50% of the donations going to the DNR.

Surely some INGO member knows some Knox, Bass Station, Winamac, etc. local businesses owners and has connections so these businesses can advertise and support their community. Not to mention benefit from their tax deductible contribution.:)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Surely some INGO member knows some Knox, Bass Station, Winamac, etc. local businesses owners and has connections so these businesses can advertise and support their community. Not to mention benefit from their tax deductible contribution.:)

I don't believe our even is tax deductible, but if anyone knows a business don't be afraid to ask them for us. We all can do our part to help make this event better than the years past and every year till laws change, or attendance drops.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Advertising is always tax deductible for businesses.
    No, an expense write off is not the same as a deduction. Yes, any business can claim an advertising expense, but it does not have the same tax benefits as a charitable donation. Advertising expense is no different than buying toilet paper for the office crapper. It's an overhead expense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom