• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Merry christmas to me... can't wait to try this thing out. I've heard about them, but never saw one in action until friday when they did a 12lb turkey for lunch in about 2 hrs!
    First test will be next weekend, if I can hold off that long
    Big Easy oilless deep fryer...

IMG_20161224_151624_962_zpsfeiu43do.jpg

Brother in law has been "frying" 2 turkeys in these the past few years. Quick, clean (vs. frying with oil which he does as well) and tastes great.

We're heading to see them tonight and he's cooking a whole prime rib in this. Says it's awesome, so I'm looking forward to trying it.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Brother in law has been "frying" 2 turkeys in these the past few years. Quick, clean (vs. frying with oil which he does as well) and tastes great.

We're heading to see them tonight and he's cooking a whole prime rib in this. Says it's awesome, so I'm looking forward to trying it.

Where I used to work they would use 4 big easys on Thanksgiving day, got me hooked and I got one, 24hr brine then inject cryo seasoning, followed by rubbing it down with oil and seasoning and pepper. Makes the best turkey you ever ate.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Bought an 8 lb whole eye of round the other day to cook for Christmas dinner. Just put Montreal Steak seasoning on it, and it went on the smoker for 5 hours at 250 degrees. I haven't used the side fire box on my Chargriller very much, so I kept a close eye on it while it was cooking. Took it off after 5 hours, put a foil tent on it and let it rest for 20 minutes. My wife had t grab a mop, because when I cut into it the juice was running off the cutting board/counter, and onto the floor.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. It had the "cut with a fork" tenderness of prime rib, but the flavor of a brisket. Everyone loved it.

*Not pictured - baked potatoes (cooked over charcoal), deviled eggs, broccoli/cheese casserole, sauteed onions & zucchini in cast iron skillet, and homemade bread.

Attachments

• 20161225_093448.jpg
      20161225_093448.jpg
      107.9 KB · Views: 1

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana

The roast was awesome. Ends were more towards medium (good for the few who wanted it more done) while the middle 80% was a perfect med-rare. Each one was between 8-9 lbs and was terrific. Mrs G "asked" me when I'm getting one.... so I guess that means it's been approved by the boss. :)

What's a good deal on these? Amazon is showing $80 with free shipping.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The roast was awesome. Ends were more towards medium (good for the few who wanted it more done) while the middle 80% was a perfect med-rare. Each one was between 8-9 lbs and was terrific. Mrs G "asked" me when I'm getting one.... so I guess that means it's been approved by the boss. :)

What's a good deal on these? Amazon is showing $80 with free shipping.
    Got mine at lowes in Brownsburg for 79.99. They didn't have any display models, so took a while to find it stacked up high on a shelf. There was one left at that location. Accessories can be found online (rib hanger, trays, etc) but I wish they would have sold with at least a tray. There's a larger model, the 3-in-1 that's a smoker also.
    Looking forward to the turkey this weekend, just going to do a dry rub for starters (dillo dust ftw)

Top Bottom