• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sorry, I just don't get the "girlz n gunz" (or cars, or motorcycles, or whatever) stuff. :dunno:

Think peanut butter and chocolate :rockwoot: But yeah, when you get past the surface of it, its a bit absurd (the guns and girls in their underwear thing, not the peanut butter and chocolate)

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    I came across this thread while searching last night and thought I would chime in and open up the opportunity to answer any questions related to Magpul.

Magpul was founded in my basement over a decade ago after my 6 year enlistment was up in the USMC (MOS 0352/0321).

As Magpul started to grow, we got more and more employees and we published a few of our basic foundations to educate everyone internally and externally on why we do things the way that we do. They have been published in the same place, unchanged for over 6 years now (link below).

Magpul | Unfair Advantage

As frustrating as it is to many people we still follow these foundations very closely.

We are a company that promotes individual liberties above all else. Firearms are the tools of the trade for individuals, but our core is far deeper than that. In 2007 we produced a DVD training video that combined solid, fast paced training, along with high production values not normally associated with this industry. The result was a resurgence in both firearm skills training, more high level content being produced by other companies (Panteo etc) and most importantly, more people embracing the individual responsibly to use a firearm correctly as the tool that it is.

The last part is key. In the end individual liberties will only be safeguarded by a large part of the electorate embracing them as something critical to their life. Imagine if someone proposed a bill to ban "cellphones" or "internet access". Any leader endorsing this would have hundreds of millions in the streets protesting. That is the same reaction we need for any encroachment on individual liberties.

Getting there requires a long term plan and "Hollywood" (high production value media projects) is key to raising this issue above the clutter of everyday stuff for ordinary people. For example, in the DVDs we showed an unedited movement drill that had constant communication and volume of fire. People that aren't into firearms still saw that as "professionals at work" and something they could aspire to.

Same is true with the "This is Breslau" movie and the Ronin motorcycle project. It is all about securing "Individual Liberties" as aspirational and essential to happiness (which it is) in the minds of as many as we can still reach.

I hope this helps to clarify our direction and I will be happy to answer questions the best I can.

Richard Fitzpatrick
    President/Founder Magpul Industries Corp

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Welcome, Rich. We would, well I would, like to hear more from you. Maybe keep us in the loop on products, projects, moving, everything. I like your company and your products, but unless you either move to more 2A friendly environment or get something rolling to challenge the constitutionality of the laws that were enacted, I cannot buy your products. As much as I love your shotgun and AR accessories and furniture, it goes against what I stand for.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Welcome, Rich. We would, well I would, like to hear more from you. Maybe keep us in the loop on products, projects, moving, everything. I like your company and your products, but unless you either move to more 2A friendly environment or get something rolling to challenge the constitutionality of the laws that were enacted, I cannot buy your products. As much as I love your shotgun and AR accessories and furniture, it goes against what I stand for.

From the outset we have stated just two things about the move.

1. We are moving out of Colorado
    2. We are not discussing any details until location(s) are finalized.

Talking about details just puts us at a disadvantage when talking to various State governments. That said it would be safe to expect something before the end of the year.

To put things in perspective it takes us about 6 months just to vet out a single new vendor and we are talking about moving a company with over a decade of built up local infrastructure in under a year.

Top Bottom