Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So the 2011 (our 2nd season) has finally come to a close. I'm :( & :rockwoot:at the same time. It's going to be a long 90 days before we meet again but at the same time it's a much needed rest for Jedi as well. :)

So what did you like, not like, want to see, not see next year?
    Some members have floated ideas (camping, different competitions, etc) & thus this THREAD if to expand on those ideas and well as talk about anything you did not like, want to see.

Here is what I have so far and would like input on.

• Camping (what is the interest in doing a overnight before/after the shoot at Tippiecannoe state park?
    • Do we need 3 competition? (Pistol, scoped rifles, iron sights) or do we give a 2x or 3x bonus to iron sights?
    • Do you want more of a certain type of drink (soda, water, Kool-aid)? Seems like water and non-carbonated drinks (ice tead) have been the main things to typically go at the events.

It terms of SAT/SUN in 2011 we have 5 SATs and only 3 SUNs out of 8 events. Depending on what day it is I know some members can NOT make it. So in 2012 I want to ensure we have a more even SAT/SUN combination of the 9 events we plan on having. So here is the up coming schedule.

MAR - SAT or SUN
    APR - SAT
    MAY - SUN
    JUNE - SAT
    JUL - SUN
    AUG - SAT
    SEP - SUN
    OCT - SAT
    NOV - SUN

Here is a list of all 2011 MEET & SHOOTs

NOV 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...oot_sunday_13_nov_2011_last_1_for_2011_a.html

OCT 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...04-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_22_oct_2011_a.html

SEP 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...9_11_remembrance_nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot.html

AUG 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...08-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_07_aug_2011_a.html

JUL/JUN 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_sat_09_jul_11_a.html

MAY 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...wi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_sat_28_may_2011_a.html

APR 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...wi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_sat_30_apr_2011_a.html

MAR 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...87-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_19_mar_2011_a.html

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I liked having the INGO swag available today. Maybe you could PM Fenway and be trusted with a small supply for members that want to buy stuff since we can't order from the site.

I really wanted a shirt today but just couldn't drop the cash, but next season I'd love to.

Camping sounds like a fun idea, I'd be interested depending on when and if I could be free of my son and find a dog sitter.

Other than that, not much to be improved upon. It's always a great time. I'm really glad I found this group. I didn't find out about it till the last 4, but I haven't missed one yet. :ingo:

ETA...I liked when you brought the fam and had guacamole and salsa and chips...but would it have killed you to bring a pan of enchiladas? You know I love enchiladas! (this is a not so subtle hint, I'm not kidding, notice the lack of purple)

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I liked having the INGO swag available today. Maybe you could PM Fenway and be trusted with a small supply for members that want to buy stuff since we can't order from the site.

It looks like Que will be making at least 1 or 2 more in 2012 with more swag for us so rest assure we (NWI) have not been forgotten. :)

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I think this year like last was nice overall. I know year before this we had some overcrowding issues and maybe got a little rowdy at one of the shoots. I didn't see this at all this year, no safety issues that I can recall. This last shoot was one of the more crowded and everyone was polite and took turns without the need for a safety officer or the like. Only thing I can think to pick about is today there was a minute of confusion on the line when we were calling it cold, everyone was looking at each other on the line like "are we cold?" "did somebody say cold?" "who called cold?" And nobody moved forward or anything but just checking to make sure. So it was a moment of confusion but nowhere near something unsafe.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Only thing I can think to pick about is today there was a minute of confusion on the line when we were calling it cold, everyone was looking at each other on the line like "are we cold?" "did somebody say cold?" "who called cold?" And nobody moved forward or anything but just checking to make sure. So it was a moment of confusion but nowhere near something unsafe.

I know most people know how to behave at these shoots, but maybe we should have some written un-written rules for those who are new (like me for instance) or those who may have forgotten ;)

I picked it up by being quiet and watching/listening what goes on, but someone may not realise exactly what hot/cold range means (it should be obvious, but eh).

Other than that, I can't really think of anything I'd want to improve. Aside from not hunting the females on the range to death ;)

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I was happy with yesterday (first meet)... The only real issue I saw was the lack of tables. Thats nothing we cant fix though. I thought it was a good number of people, not too big not too small.

Overall communication was good too as far as calling the range hot or cold too.

Job well done for organizing and all Jedi. I look forward to making it to more meets in 2012. Hanging out with you all was a friggin blast! My brother and I had a helluva time!

-MColford

Adamska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Michigan City
    I had a great time on sunday was my first meet and shoot and it was awesome I really love the camping/shooting idea I would LOVE to attend that.

I never really been to a range that was that busy but I can't really explain it. It was nice I'm the type of person not to chat much back to the wall kinda guy and I felt right at home with you guys!

It was really nice too bad can't do that every weekend :( but it was awesome! :D

I hope to make all meet and shoots next year! :biggun:

Jedi you did a REALLY good job organizing and running the meet and shoot!
    poor Jedi people keep stealing your dang coffee cans :rofl:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    father-jack1.jpg

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    ... The only real issue I saw was the lack of tables.

i have 8 saddle horses collecting dust in the garage, so when we donate plywood, the combo makes easy 4x8 tables, and there's less to bring back to the cars to boot. caution: may not be good idea for cooking tables... fire + wood ='s more fire! hauling the card table back and forth with a bum ankle sucked. box of screws and the impact driver and we've got some quick and easy tables.

also, i brought a tarp with me but didn't pull it out of the car. a good idea would be for those shooters that reload to set some up and shoot from the stall furthest right so most of the casings drop onto the tarps. would make for easier pickups.

see you guys at the pitstop on the 8th

Adamska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Michigan City
    i have 8 saddle horses collecting dust in the garage, so when we donate plywood, the combo makes easy 4x8 tables, and there's less to bring back to the cars to boot. caution: may not be good idea for cooking tables... fire + wood ='s more fire! hauling the card table back and forth with a bum ankle sucked. box of screws and the impact driver and we've got some quick and easy tables.

also, i brought a tarp with me but didn't pull it out of the car. a good idea would be for those shooters that reload to set some up and shoot from the stall furthest right so most of the casings drop onto the tarps. would make for easier pickups.

see you guys at the pitstop on the 8th
    Thats a really good idea on the brass :cool:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I have a long table as well, I just didnt think of bringing it. I was just thinking if we had more tables for more guns (saw too many rifles laying on the ground, and they dont belong there).

Its an easy fix to bring one, just one thing that I look back and think I should have brought.

-MColford

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom