2002 Ford Explorer compas facing wrong direction.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    The compass in dad's Explorer used to always face one direction. I've calibrated it as outlined in the Ford manual online. The compass now works, but in the opposite direction. If you're facing north, the compass says you're going south, and so on. How do I fix this? The manual does not say how to troubleshoot this. I've selected the right magnetic zone for Indianapolis, I've calibrated it twice, and it stays the same. I'd appreciate any and all help.

EDIT: We've got the system where there are no dashboard buttons to calibrate the compass, just a little hole you stick a paper clip through by the mirror and poke a button a certain amount of times.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Your compass is working fine. The magnetic poles of the earth have reverse. The Mayans told us this would happen...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The compass in dad's Explorer used to always face one direction. I've calibrated it as outlined in the Ford manual online. The compass now works, but in the opposite direction. If you're facing north, the compass says you're going south, and so on. How do I fix this? The manual does not say how to troubleshoot this. I've selected the right magnetic zone for Indianapolis, I've calibrated it twice, and it stays the same. I'd appreciate any and all help.

EDIT: We've got the system where there are no dashboard buttons to calibrate the compass, just a little hole you stick a paper clip through by the mirror and poke a button a certain amount of times.

Did you have all other electrical turned off (radio, rear defrost, etc.)? Did you drive in circles? If your circles aren't circles but more oblong, it won't calibrate correctly.

Top Bottom