• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    You should comment on the condition. I've seen some beautiful ones that I wouldn't mind paying $200 for at all... Even before the wackiness.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    i did not handle them but from the case they looked pretty nice. did not get a close up on them. just what i could see from about 5 feet. i just couldnt believe i just got one for $129 from there and these are $200

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Here's a $200 91/30 refurb from Allan's Armory. A virtually unused 1942 Izhevsk (note pristine bore), wearing a new post-war laminate stock. These don't grow on trees, and don't sell for $100 - even though they made millions of them that particular year. But think about it - what are the chances of a 1942 Mosin making it through the war virtually unused and un-abused - then refurbed post-war and put into a brand new laminate stock! This one happens to shoot as good as it looks! The force-matched numbers from refurbishment are all neatly stamped with no line-outs. It's currently my favorite - I like it better than any other Mosin that I own (including my 6 Finnish Mosins, 4 of which are unissued late date M39s - as well as my 2 PU snipers and 4 carbines). Guess what - this 91/30 will outshoot all of the Finns except one (certainly outshoots the carbines) and it is one of my least expensive Mosins!

To me this rifle is worth much more than $200!

Moral of this story is price depends on condition and what it is. There are too many Mosin models in too many different conditions to lump together. Then there are the VERY special ones that really speak to you - ones you get close to and almost feel affection for, because they always make you feel good when you shoot them. Those are priceless.

Les

DSCN0429-1_zps85f9a0f6.jpg

AD9812D3-82AD-4D83-9560-407D37939C23-4147-000006116C5E6BB8-1_zpsc887b35c.jpg

Last edited:

skunkworks1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    they are good sturdy rifles for the money. i'm afraid they are going the way of the sks, from cheap to wow.

Last edited:

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    they are good sturdy rifles for the money. i'm afraid they are going the way of the sks, from cheap to wow.

Still a good value for what they are! No new SKS's are being built and so there is a limited supply same with the Mosins. As they say, all good things must come to an end.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Just paid $155 for my first one today! She is a little rough, but that's how I like 'em! I will still love her just the same. Researching how to refinish, any tips?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Here's a $200 91/30 refurb from Allan's Armory. A virtually unused 1942 Izhevsk (note pristine bore), wearing a new post-war laminate stock. These don't grow on trees, and don't sell for $100 - even though they made millions of them that particular year. But think about it - what are the chances of a 1942 Mosin making it through the war virtually unused and un-abused - then refurbed post-war and put into a brand new laminate stock! This one happens to shoot as good as it looks! The force-matched numbers from refurbishment are all neatly stamped with no line-outs. It's currently my favorite - I like it better than any other Mosin that I own (including my 6 Finnish Mosins, 4 of which are unissued late date M39s - as well as my 2 PU snipers and 4 carbines). Guess what - this 91/30 will outshoot all of the Finns except one (certainly outshoots the carbines) and it is one of my least expensive Mosins!

To me this rifle is worth much more than $200!

Moral of this story is price depends on condition and what it is. There are too many Mosin models in too many different conditions to lump together. Then there are the VERY special ones that really speak to you - ones you get close to and almost feel affection for, because they always make you feel good when you shoot them. Those are priceless.

Les

DSCN0429-1_zps85f9a0f6.jpg

AD9812D3-82AD-4D83-9560-407D37939C23-4147-000006116C5E6BB8-1_zpsc887b35c.jpg

I would pay $200 for that puppy any day!

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    I would pay $200 for that puppy any day!

Thanks! Allan's Armory puts out 6 or so at a time on their web site with careful descriptions of the individual rifle and photos. Yesterday I just talked a friend into buying one of the laminated 91/30s there, that was (also) described as having a mirror bore. It should be every bit as nice as I one I received. Was also $200.

I'm not associated with Allan's Armory, just really appreciate the way he carefully grades his rifles. He is known for grading them below what you will actually receive. Not cheap Mosins by any means, but definitely worth it to some buyers.

Les

Last edited:

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When I was 21 in 2004, I bought a 1941 with bayonet at braids for $45. Buffed out the scratched and polished it and traded it straight up for an m-1 carbine.

Now THAT was a deal!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks! Allan's Armory puts out 6 or so at a time on their web site with careful descriptions of the individual rifle and photos. Yesterday I just talked a friend into buying one of the laminated 91/30s there, that was (also) described as having a mirror bore. It should be every bit as nice as I one I received. Was also $200.

I'm not associated with Allan's Armory, just really appreciate the way he carefully grades his rifles. He is known for grading them below what you will actually receive. Not cheap Mosins by any means, but definitely worth it to some buyers.

Les
    I had forgotten all about them. I had them bookmarked! They've actually got pretty good prices, especially on the SKS's. Still only a little above pre-panic prices and quite a bit less than post-panic!

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    They had 4 in the Dunhams in Anderson this afternoon. They were exactly like the non-laminate ones they previously had for $129.

I saw a couple of the online C&R dealers with nice laminate stock 91/30s for $159.

Top Bottom