• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I know we have a 20/20 If I had a Gun post but please use this one to make your comments about the actual show. I have mixed feelingsso far about it. Some good points and some hum...

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    It started out pretty good, but it's turning into a big lobbying thing now. "guns are bad blah blah lock them all up." And they are focusing on everything that has gone wrong with guns. Where are the people who have saved themselves because of their guns?

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    so far this show is a bunch of anti gun crap IMO. Those people in the shoot out scenario should be up against someone who is also new to guns. they are shooting at the instructer who have probly have hundreds of training hours. 20/20......= crap......tim gettin cranky at this show. Just like flintlock said...they focus on all the bad stuff...how about the older couple not to fary away who defended themselves with a fararm from a break in?????? remember their old and dont know any better

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Segment 1: College students attempting to us gun in a classroom when BG walks in shooting.

Lessons Learned - Gabe from Suaze International is 100% correct that we don't train enough in real life force on force training. (He was not referrenced in the show but that is what he stress in his emails that I get.) Some take aways from the show.
    • CC has a big disadvantage in terms of pulling out your weapon as your cloth WILL get in the way
    • Knowing how to shoot is just part of the equation, not being a standing target, moving and stress under fire are other issue
    • Motor skills go to hell in a hand basket. GLOCKs (being the simplest guns that I know of) has an advantage here. Perhaps the XD as well without the safety on (does it have one?)
    The show said that "see even with a gun the students all die" so don't use a gun as you will die. One of the students (the girl) was able to hit the BG in the leg but took a headshot. Even so I think I personally would like to die fighting then just getting shot. Even if I can't pull my gun out in time, miss the BG, sht him but get shot, etc... I guess that is just my personal opinion on how I would like to go out.

Section 2: Little Kids and Guns

Hum.. Some mixed feelings about it. I don't think it's fair that they did a test in which they show kids the Eddie Eagle Video on Gun Safety and then let them loose in the class where some "guns" are placed and all the kids end up touching, grabing, playing with them.

The Eddie Eagle program is not a one time thing/video. It is a way of life that needs to be repeated over and over. Just like the fire safety videos of STOP, DROP and ROLL. These are helpful videos that are educational tools to help reinforce the concept of gun safety.

The other part of this segemet was teens were hired to move stuff from a garage and in the garage was several guns (some loaded others not). Loaded with blanks. All but 2 teens touhced, tried the guns. 2 of the teens went to get the adult. Some of those teens were pointing the gun at themselevs to see if it was loaded. It appears that none of these teens had any gun knowledge.

Section 3: The Gettho in Florida

No comment here. They went to a freaking ghetto and talked to black gang bangers about guns and how all of them were carrying. This is just like going to some sections of Gary. The issue is not guns in that ghetto is opprutnity for jobs. The segement saud there are no jobs "here" so thus drugs nd violence are the 'law'.

Section 4: The Gun Show

The gun shop loop hole! Nice...
    Hum... The segments makes it seems that you can just buy all guns at the gun show. Even though the kid that was buying the guns bought them all from private sellers at the show. The term private seller was used twice in the segment.

They even have some ATF agent saying that everything that the kid and the sellers did was LEGAL. But again he fails to mention that the "FFLs" have to do the background checks.

MORE TO COME.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    so far this show is a bunch of anti gun crap IMO. Those people in the shoot out scenario should be up against someone who is also new to guns. they are shooting at the instructer who have probly have hundreds of training hours. 20/20......= crap

Plus relooking at the video it appears that the "BG instructor" after he "kills" the teacher knows exaclty where the student with the gun is at. I can't tell exactly and they don't mention it but it looks to close to tell.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    The bias is there at the beginning but it is very subtle but that disappears as the first child shooter segment starts.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I like the fact {sarcasm} that, in the classroom scenario, all the other 'students' in there are cops that know what the script is. The shooter comes in, puts one shot in the instructor, and the next shot is directly at the 'volunteer' with the gun; all the while everyone runs out the door. Yeh, sure that's realistic {more sarcasm}. I guess that's exactly how it played out in Virginia Tech too.

The whole show is a one-sided, unrealistic hit piece.

My question for you all, Could you buy that many and type of Functioning weapons at a gun show with only $5,000 they claimed to have spent?

That show makes me want to puke in anger.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Went pretty much as I expected.
    I hadn't watched 20/20 in years and it will be that "years" before I watch it again.
    Anti-gun propaganda is all it was.:noway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Segment 5: How to Get Away From A Gun

Gun Experts say "Hide play dead" hum... I still say no I will take my own chance since it's my life.

The shows goes back to the classroom to show the effects of tunnel vision and how one student shot other students as they ran about the classroom when the BG came in.

They say that a cellphone and to run away is the best advise. Hum... Not sure? What I did notice is that while most of the students in the class were able to escape by running why was that?

The BG was focused on the gunfight between the student and himself as such other students are able to escape. In essence YOU are helping safe lives by giving up your own.

Now what would have happened if say 2 or 3 or 50% or all the students always had guns when the BG walks in? Yes some would still die there is no way around that but I bet you that the BG would have a boat load of holes as well. Worse I don't think the BG would walk into that room if s/he knew that many weapons would be on him.

I guess it's not if you can use the gun its about deterance. Juts like the US has NUCLEAR WEAPONS not that we ever want to use them but more as a deterance.

CLOSING REMARKS
    They could not find any study on a gun safing lifes.
    WHAT!? Hum... Anyone have a link for them?

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    yea the force on for training is like me goin up against a a ex delta force or some type of special forces op in a shooting corse......come on now......My g/f gives me crap every time i wanna open carry....she says no and i usually agree but its gettin on my nerves lately........Its my gun my license to carry its my damn decision..........BTW we live very close to bad parts of ft wayne.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I likeed the part at the end where she said they could find NO evidence of Gun owners sucessfully defending themselfs any place, NRA posts from the news papers all over the country every month in the Amrican Rifleman magazine ture storys of everyday people sucsessfully defending them selfs, and they have a book out with all the storys, So it seems ABC cant do research when it stands against what they wish to tell the american people is the truth, Once again you have the News making the News as they want people to see it rather than repoting the news as it really is.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    im tired im goin to have unprotected sex with my g/f and make tons of babies and live on government help forever......anyone wanna join me in helping the cause......?lol

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Even though I knew it would be biased I was blown away that they didn't even pretend to be balanced! All I can is wow. Here I am gently working with my wife being comfortable with guns in the house and I think this set us back a bit....:xmad:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Yeah, I watched that "exercise" with my Father (Retired Airforce) and a buddy of mine (active duty Marine home on leave) and afterwards I called my Aunt (retired Michigan state police post commander-Flint) and Uncle (Current Post commander-Lansing) And the Genheral concensus was that the "exercise" was a sham.

-The Untrained "volenteer" was placed at a disadvantagus location in the room EVERY time.
    -The Untrained "volenteer" was pitted against Trained Firearms instructor(s) who knew them and knew their placment in the room
    -The Untrained "volenteer" was unfamiliar with thier firearm
    -The Untrained "volenteer" was Given a "********" Carry holster
    -The Untrained "volenteer" was meant to Lose

My Buddy (the Marine) even said, and i quote "Sh*t if i was doing the same exercise
    in the same positions and with them knowing Exactly who and where i was, Hell its 50/50 i'd get the guy coming through the door, and when they added the second guy at 9 o'clock...F@#K it i'd be worm food"

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Wow 405 comments and I don't see any saying GOOD SHOW...

I found one for you. Make sure to read it all to see who wrote it:

Thank you to 20/20 for airing this program. The media needs to expose what many of us have been saying for years now. And yes, there is a gun show loophole; and yes, about 40% of crime guns come from private sellers. And yes, way too many people are killed by guns in our country where we have a love affair with guns. Guns for self protection and hunting are fine if handled and stored properly. Assault type weapons are a different story. There is no need for people to have them. They get stolen or sold to street gangs or others without a background check and then more shootings happen. As a member of the Board of Trustees of the Brady Campaign, I am gratified that at least some media are paying attention and revealing the problems with gun violence in this country. Perhaps if they keep it up, our elected leaders will wake from their stupor and stand up to the gun lobby. There is no reason not to pass reasonable laws and still protect the rights of gun owners. This is not a black and white issue. There is room for a middle ground. Let's be adults and do the right thing for the good and safety of us all. How many more shootings must we have? :ar15:

Top Bottom