• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    2 workers killed in Tenn. post office shooting - Yahoo! News

2 postal workers are killed inside a post office in what appears to be a robbery. The 2 suspects are still at large. :xmad:

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be in NOV. Go vote for which date!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...14439-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_nov_date.html

Halloween Cigar OC Night is 28 OCT 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0_28_-_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_pine_island.html

Appleseed for NWI
    23 OCT 2010 @ NPCCC, Chesterton, IN
    2010 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

On finding a location for more Appleseeds:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    My bet is that the criminal in this incident didn't see the "No Weapons Allowed" sign. After all, criminals follow the rules like the rest of us and this poor guy just didn't see the sign. At least that's what the Bradys/Antis would want us to believe.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My bet is that the criminal in this incident didn't see the "No Weapons Allowed" sign. After all, criminals follow the rules like the rest of us and this poor guy just didn't see the sign. At least that's what the Bradys/Antis would want us to believe.

Or maybe he could not read Ingles
    Or maybe he could not read proper English (Ebonics)
    :D

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I just find it hard to believe that there was a shooting in a post office. First time for everything I guess.

Maybe going forward, such random acts of violence in a post office will be called "Going Mail-carrier?" I don't know if that's catchy enough though...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Irony aside ... it's pretty sad that these victims probably felt safe because of the no-weapons policy as do most people that work in such an environment. Too bad there are too few policy makers that can tell the difference between feeling safe and being safe. The gun on your hip might not change what the bad guy chooses to do but it sure gives you a better chance (at least a fighting one) than nothing at all.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Irony aside ... it's pretty sad that these victims probably felt safe because of the no-weapons policy as do most people that work in such an environment. Too bad there are too few policy makers that can tell the difference between feeling safe and being safe. The gun on your hip might not change what the bad guy chooses to do but it sure gives you a better chance (at least a fighting one) than nothing at all.

Not just inside the post office. One of the residents of the town is quoted saying. "I just couldn't believe it, not in this town," Hennings said. "It's too quiet."

Thus leads me to believe that the majority of the town thinks/belives/feels that nothing bad can happen in their little town.

It takes a LCE (life changing event) to see the light. The solo surviver did get a LCE but I don't think it will be enough to reserve the laws on the books. :faint:

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    trust me, I work at a post office, everyone knows that the law is only followed by lawabiding people, if someone is going to come-in, then they are going to come-in, they lock all the front doors, but leave the entire truck terminal side wide open:(, no guards at enterences or exits, oh but we have a nickle and dime security guard that sleeps in the parking lot, the joke is when we see him that we feel much more secure now, NO we can't bring our guns to work with us, that just keeps a few of us looking even more for people that we don't know, and by the way we don't get our stamps for free either:)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    trust me, I work at a post office,....and by the way we don't get our stamps for free either:)

But, but ya get to go "Postal" while the rest of us are just called "crazy gunperson".

smiley-laughing021.gif

b j

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    south side of indy
    Ive been retired 9 years from the post office, we were not able to have firearms in the parking lot.We had not had security for years befor that.Anyone could walk in the front door or loading docks.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

Why?!

Why is it that in so many threads that RACISM rears it's ugly little head?

Maybe the guys who did it were WHITE RURAL guys. Is there any evidence to believe otherwise? Not every crime that is committed is done by blacks or Mexicans.

Aren't you a "brown" person, jediagh? Sorry if I'm wrong but I thought I remember you saying that on here before. The saying goes "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Why?!

Why is it that in so many threads that RACISM rears it's ugly little head?

Maybe the guys who did it were WHITE RURAL guys. Is there any evidence to believe otherwise? Not every crime that is committed is done by blacks or Mexicans.

Aren't you a "brown" person, jediagh? Sorry if I'm wrong but I thought I remember you saying that on here before. The saying goes "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Yes finity I an brown (ie. of Mexican descent). The little green smile :D at the end of my text was put there to show I was making fun of what woodrow posted about the "no gun sign". Perhaps I should of added the purple like I do 95% of the time but every now and then I get lazy to use the purple.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland

Hmm. this is another reason I carry just about EVERYWHERE.
    Up the ass with BS buisness policies, These thugs didnt give a squat about the rules so why should I be defenseless. I will face the charges if I saved mylife and possibly others, after the ordeal is over.

If a thug hold his pistol to anyones head in that P.O
    By god,
    me and 16 of my closest friends and ZERO postal workers will help me survive a little better in this situation.

;)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Hmm. this is another reason I carry just about EVERYWHERE.
    Up the ass with BS buisness policies, These thugs didnt give a squat about the rules so why should I be defenseless. I will face the charges if I saved mylife and possibly others, after the ordeal is over.

If a thug hold his pistol to anyones head in that P.O
    By god,
    me and 16 of my closest friends and ZERO postal workers will help me survive a little better in this situation.

;)

I wonder what would happen if you did stop a shooting in a post office? Would you get charged and get a federal record ... I bet you would. Sad to say.

Top Bottom