Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

ragnar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I just have to say, the only reason I didn't post the original story is it made the 2 deuche bags that got shot look like victims. That made me angry :)

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    Here's a couple of links to the original story that blog is based on:

Police: Former Marine Shoots 2 Subway Robbery Suspects - Miami News Story - WPLG Miami

Former Marine's Actions Called Into Question - Miami News Story - WPLG Miami

Is anyone else annoyed that the grandmother of one of the robbers is saying that Mr. Lovell shouldn't have "taken the law into his own hands?" Her grandson shouldn't have done so either; look where it got him.
    Not my thoughts exactly, but I read on another forum that he was given the permit by the state of Florida to take the law into his own hands.

It's a very good case and the police weren't charging him with anything last I read, which is the way it should be. Now, civilly I'm sure it'll be a different story.

And guess what he looks like? A ****ing hoodrat thug, which isn't any surprise.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    It always sickens me that anytime a robber is shot, the family is always there saying that he (the robber) is such a good person. I agree with Feign though, I'm sure they'll be suing as soon as possible.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    And guess what he looks like? A ****ing hoodrat thug, which isn't any surprise.

"Not my Donicio, he was such a good boy. He almost had his GED and was tryin' to take care of his child and baby momma. How could the evil man shoot my little Donicio when he was just trying to make a livin'?"

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Florida, like Indiana, protects a person who uses justifiable force in protecting himself. Florida's statute is a little more clear in that it says basically no prosecution, no civil liability. Therefore the family may sue, but they will end up with nothing and likely have to pay the legal bills of the shooter because the shooter was not prosecuted. Florida's self-defense and home-defense laws are in most ways better written than Indiana's.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    "Not my Donicio, he was such a good boy. He almost had his GED and was tryin' to take care of his child and baby momma. How could the evil man shoot my little Donicio when he was just trying to make a livin'?"
    This is what she's really saying off-camera:

"CRACKA ASS MO-RINE CRACKA ASS SHOT MY BAY-BEE. CRACKA ASS NEEDS TO BE PUTS IN JAILS, O LAWD PLEASE GET JESSE JACKSON TO HELPS ME KEEL THAT CRACKA ASS CRACKA."

Guaran-****ing-tee it, and we all know it.

Scam1789

Long time Member mostly lurking.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Pittsboro
    This is what she's really saying off-camera:

"CRACKA ASS MO-RINE CRACKA ASS SHOT MY BAY-BEE. CRACKA ASS NEEDS TO BE PUTS IN JAILS, O LAWD PLEASE GET JESSE JACKSON TO HELPS ME KEEL THAT CRACKA ASS CRACKA."

Guaran-****ing-tee it, and we all know it.

Ok, I really like this website, and I really like most of the people here. But statements like this bother me greatly. A person is dead. A young man lost his life probably because no one ever taught him how to earn an honest dollar. Yes this outcome is ideal given the circumstances, but it is sad that people here nearly celebrate his death, and mock his grieving family.

Is his grandmother wrong? YES
    Is this man a hero? YES
    Would I shoot someone to protect my self or another innocent? Without a second thought.

But here is one woman who is obviously distraught and saying things you do not agree with. Sure she fits some stereotypes, but you make a racist comment like that and you do not help the situation one bit. I can't help but get the vibe that the other side is gonna see a Gun nut who wants to go shoot a bunch of blacks.

I know you aren't saying that, and I am not attacking you. I am just saying be careful how you can be perceived on here.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    Ok, I really like this website, and I really like most of the people here. But statements like this bother me greatly. A person is dead. A young man lost his life probably because no one ever taught him how to earn an honest dollar. Yes this outcome is ideal given the circumstances, but it is sad that people here nearly celebrate his death, and mock his grieving family.

Is this man a hero? YES
    Would I shoot someone to protect my self or another innocent? Without a second thought.

But here is one woman who is obviously distraught and saying things you do not agree with. Sure she fits some stereotypes, but you make a racist comment like that and you do not help the situation one bit. I can't help but get the vibe that the other side is gonna see a Gun nut who wants to go shoot a bunch of blacks.

I know you aren't saying that, and I am not attacking you. I am just saying be careful how you can be perceived on here.
    I'm not mocking his family, I'm simply offering up another viewpoint that some people are too scared to bring up. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it too. Welfare idiot there or not, he was a thug either by nature or nurture and there's no denying it, and I would be damn hard pressed to believe that someone of her age and making comments like that wouldn't be muttering something similar under her breath, Florida laws or not.

I'm sure she's distraught, her grandson is dead (which is a terrible thing, thug or not). I'm not denying that whatsoever. I'm just saying I won't be surprised to hear that woman or a black (scheming) "leader" voice his or her outrage at the death of yet another young little punk simply because the shooter was white and the shootee was black. I don't care if anyone is white, black, brown, purple, orange (see that House M.D. episode?) or polka-dotted, I'll call a spade a spade a spade (!!!) when I see it.

I'm all for the death of criminals of any color. I'm an equal opportunity hater.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not mocking his family, I'm simply offering up another viewpoint that some people are too scared to bring up. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it too. Welfare idiot there or not, he was a thug either by nature or nurture and there's no denying it, and I would be damn hard pressed to believe that someone of her age and making comments like that wouldn't be muttering something similar under her breath, Florida laws or not.

I'm sure she's distraught, her grandson is dead (which is a terrible thing, thug or not). I'm not denying that whatsoever. I'm just saying I won't be surprised to hear that woman or a black (scheming) "leader" voice his or her outrage at the death of yet another young little punk simply because the shooter was white and the shootee was black. I don't care if anyone is white, black, brown, purple, orange (see that House M.D. episode?) or polka-dotted, I'll call a spade a spade a spade (!!!) when I see it.

I'm all for the death of criminals of any color. I'm an equal opportunity hater.

Partner, just think a little harder before you type. You are entitled to your opinion, but when it comes to race we don't need to see it here. Makes us all look like we're buying in, AND WE AREN'T.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    It always sickens me that anytime a robber is shot, the family is always there saying that he (the robber) is such a good person. I agree with Feign though, I'm sure they'll be suing as soon as possible.

Hey, turnabout is fair trade. "How much you sueing me for?" "OK, I'll sue you for double that for raising a criminal and putting my life and that of others in jeopardy." :lmfao:

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    The man did what he had to do. The two young punks should not have been doing what they were doing. And Grandma's grief is understandable, and in grief, well thought out things escape people. Emotion rules.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Is this man a hero? YES

That ^. Yep.

Last edited:

Sphynx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Is anyone else annoyed that the grandmother of one of the robbers is saying that Mr. Lovell shouldn't have "taken the law into his own hands?" Her grandson shouldn't have done so either; look where it got him.

Head-shot + Chest-shot. What I object to are his kill-zone shots. The punishment for Robbery isn't death. Maybe he was aiming for their shoulders and was just a bit off on his shooting, but seems to me he was aiming to kill. Right to a concealed weapon does not include a right to Vigilant behaviour. Being forced into a bathroom was no at-risk-of-death behaviour. If he had a legal right to take the law into his own hands, no complaints. But if not, then what he did was 100% wrong. Defending your life by taking a life is ok. Killing to defend your right to not be put in a bathroom is not. Killing to prevent a robbery is not.

It's not right, stealing. But it's not a life-taking crime either, no more so than shooting a man for running a red-light.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Head-shot + Chest-shot. What I object to are his kill-zone shots. The punishment for Robbery isn't death. Maybe he was aiming for their shoulders and was just a bit off on his shooting, but seems to me he was aiming to kill. Right to a concealed weapon does not include a right to Vigilant behavior. Being forced into a bathroom was no at-risk-of-death behavior. If he had a legal right to take the law into his own hands, no complaints. But if not, then what he did was 100% wrong. Defending your life by taking a life is ok. Killing to defend your right to not be put in a bathroom is not. Killing to prevent a robbery is not.

It's not right, stealing. But it's not a life-taking crime either, no more so than shooting a man for running a red-light.

Maybe you missed the part where these criminals were ARMED? If you pull a gun on me do I wait to ask your intentions? If its just robbery I say ok and let it be? As far as shot placement... I have always been taught to shoot till the threat is ended. If that person has a weapon the threat is ended when he can't move and be a threat to myself or others. I'm hoping you missed the being armed part because if not... you seem to have a bunch of anti-self defense emotion.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Head-shot + Chest-shot. What I object to are his kill-zone shots. The punishment for Robbery isn't death. Maybe he was aiming for their shoulders and was just a bit off on his shooting, but seems to me he was aiming to kill. Right to a concealed weapon does not include a right to Vigilant behaviour. Being forced into a bathroom was no at-risk-of-death behaviour. If he had a legal right to take the law into his own hands, no complaints. But if not, then what he did was 100% wrong. Defending your life by taking a life is ok. Killing to defend your right to not be put in a bathroom is not. Killing to prevent a robbery is not.

:rolleyesedit::scratch::nuts:
    The minute those scumbags pointed their guns at that man they gave up their rights to live.
    Anybody who thinks that a "injury or winging shot" is a good idea has a screw loose.
    My suggestion is go do some riding with an L.E.O. and see what kind of delusions you are harboring. :thumbsup:

Is it just me or are we getting an influx of uber-libs that happen to own firearms on here??
    :cheers:

Last edited:

Sphynx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    If someone pulled a gun on me, I would likely kill them without any hesitation. My concern isn't about this particular incident, but rather the vigilant behaviour a lot of gun owners read from this.

I'm still mixed on my feelings about this particular scene, and wouldn't judge the guy without seeing a video tape or something of the incident.

It's wrong to kill, few things justify it. But it's also a fact that most armed-robberies are harmless, conducted by people who know all too well the raising of stakes by making it Murder. If I were him, it would completely depend on the situation, and if I truly felt threatened, I'd have killed them as well. But I don't think he felt threatened (that is an opinion, not fact). The subway employee would have been trained to just hand over the insured money, putting someone in the bathroom, even at gun point, indicates an unwillingness to want to kill.

Then again, not hard to feel threatened with a gun in your face. So I may very well have killed them as well since it's hard to think things through with adrenaline in your veins.

Top Bottom