• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The $70,000 fine is small potatoes to them.
    The actions on the other hand.

1. Rescind the unconstitutional “High-Profile Speaker Policy.”
    2. Rescind the viewpoint-discriminatory security fee policy.
    3. Abolish its heckler’s veto — protesters will no longer be able to shut down conservative expression.
    Under these terms, UC Berkeley will no longer be allowed to place a 3 p.m. curfew on conservative events or relegate conservative speakers to remote or inconvenient lecture halls on campus while giving left-leaning speakers access to preferred parts of campus.
    YAF and UC Berkeley also agreed to a “fee schedule” that treats all students, student groups, and speakers equally. Unless students are handling money or serving alcohol at an event, there will not be a need for security fees.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well I never listen to them so that is OK.

​I really hope no one is color blind.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow... I didn't read the reason they gave... Surreal.

revUVIg.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought Patreon was supposed to be a better alternative to YouTube.
    Looks like more of the same to me.

Not to mention, what a reason. Associated with in the past, though now disavowed...

I wonder if "Maria" maybe did it on her own initiative, or if it's policy, and I wonder if he challenged the decision.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So Patrion and other social media related companies are banning some people based on their support or association with the Proud Boys, because it's been reported that the FBI now classifies the Proud Boys as a violent hate group. Well, now the FBI is walking that back. Turns out that they never classified the Proud Boys as such. Rather, a sheriff in Oregon put out a memo saying that the FBI classifies them as a hate group. The FBI has since stated that they didn't classify the Proud Boys a hate group. They warned of several individuals who claim to be part of Proud Boys have ties with white nationalist groups. That's not the same thing.

So. Now. It seems that the reason used for banning several conservatives was because of whatever association with the Proud Boys, is no longer valid. Will they be restored?

:tinfoil: version:

Uber progressives need to de-plaftorm notable anti-uberprogressives under the cover of something believable. Uber-progressive Sheriff in uber-progressive county takes opportunity to mis-characterize an FBI memo to make it sound like the FBI has officially listed proud boys as practically white nationalists. This now gives cover for social media platforms to de-platform people they disagree with.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jordan Peterson spoke to Dave Rubin, and said he's been working on a Patreon/Social Media alternative for 6 months.

On hearing this, Gab suspended their plans to proceed with their own Patreon alternative.

Unless Peterson has a way to do it without Paypal or Stripe, the new platform will be attacked and sunk like the others.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are a non-zero number of Patreon accounts leaving the platform because of their practices... essentially giving up thousands of dollars in income for their principles.

Good to see a larger figure take the lead on this.

Hopefully a movement forms.

DuloX_3VAAEsCnJ.jpg:small

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ooooh, okay I see what sparked this.

So, a quick timeline: Patreon shut down Sargon. Sargon moved to "SubscribeStar", an alternative. SubscribeStar utilized Paypal for payments.

Paypal cut SubscribeStar off because Sargon was on their platform.

The unpersoning is getting real.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ooooh, okay I see what sparked this.

So, a quick timeline: Patreon shut down Sargon. Sargon moved to "SubscribeStar", an alternative. SubscribeStar utilized Paypal for payments.

Paypal cut SubscribeStar off because Sargon was on their platform.

The unpersoning is getting real.

Well, if citizens would care about the rights of their neighbors, they'd drop Paypal, and other businesses.
    But, most people don't care, as long as it's not "their" rights.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Speaking of "not my tribe" - is this the right thread for POTUS efforts to curb the 1A or is that GenPol or Trump Impeachment? Or new-thread worthy?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Whatever you like.

Jim Acosta is a dou***! CNN can assign anyone they want except him to the White House.

No one has the right to enter your home and act like that whether you are a public figure or not.

Come to my house and act like that. I double dog dare you!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Whatever you like.

Jim Acosta is a dou***! CNN can assign anyone they want except him to the White House.

No one has the right to enter your home and act like that whether you are a public figure or not.

Come to my house and act like that. I double dog dare you!

:)

That's not what I'm talking about. :)

I don't think I ever really expressed an opinion on that because... I don't really have one.

No, this is about the thin-skinned responses to SNL and falsely equivocating "defamation" and "belittling." The former can be a lawsuit. The latter is just obnoxious.

As proof of my efforts to find common ground with POTUS, though, I will agree without reservations or qualifications that SNL is not funny. Well, I've seen just enough over the last couple years to say that there's maybe a chortle every once in awhile from me, but more by accident on their part than anything scripted.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry, the only accusation I've heard was the Acosta B****!

I do not follow Twits. (referring those that use twitter)

I do not follow the MSMBS.

I have not watched SNL since the 70's.

I am a pretty uninformed individual, but I have an ample BS meter.

Top Bottom