• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nah, posted the link because it's 1A-related. The rest was my observations of the recent anti-vax outrage.

I don't think Facebook should remove the content.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So some free exchange of ideas "should" be quashed? Or am I misunderstanding your post?
    I didn’t think he was advocating anything. Just opining about the state of things. This is the way it works now. Want to pass a law? Gen up a story and nurture the narrative to maturity. Then get the right messages out there in the right quantities from the right people and stir up outcry.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The creators of Gab have created a new service called "Dissenter", which they call "The comment section of the internet"

It allows everyone to comment on a URL together in a free area... which counters sites that either remove comments sections entirely, or remove comments they don't like.

https://dissenter.com/

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There's no "JRE Clip" of it up yet... but around the 4hr and 25m mark of the Joe Rogan/Alex Jones episode of JRE, they talk a little more about how the Right, specifically, is being shut down and deplatformed in the very recent modern age of social media.

Social media has been around a very short 10 years, we're still learning what it means, but censorship of the "right" is absolutely apparent and something that should be addressed.

Personally, I don't know if it's because younger people (typically liberal) are working in positions of "power" at these places... or if high-power liberals are running things behind the scenes, directing how these outlets operate.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Personally, I don't know if it's because younger people (typically liberal) are working in positions of "power" at these places... or if high-power liberals are running things behind the scenes, directing how these outlets operate.

Embrace the healing power of "and".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's no "JRE Clip" of it up yet... but around the 4hr and 25m mark of the Joe Rogan/Alex Jones episode of JRE, they talk a little more about how the Right, specifically, is being shut down and deplatformed in the very recent modern age of social media.

Social media has been around a very short 10 years, we're still learning what it means, but censorship of the "right" is absolutely apparent and something that should be addressed.

Phase2 is right. It’s at least a little of both. All the people who review content for rules violations come from very uber progressive areas. Doubtful there are many who don’t view people on the right the same way uber progressives view them. So there has to be a lot of bias going into these decisions. Also, especially with the higher profile cases like Jones and Sargon, it looks like people outside of these social media companies lobbied for deplatforming them. Those were decisions made at the top. Jack Dorsey lied like a little ***** when he claimed he didn’t know the specific offense Jones did that got him booted.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    D01lkQNWsAATCQF.png:large

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Not at all surprising. Noah Feldman probably has a macro in his word editor to the effect of: "Trump's Plan to %TrumpPlan% Is a Bad Idea"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Posted a bunch of clips of the JRE/Pool/Dorsey episode to the SJW thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...social-justice-thread-ii-396.html#post7851751

Also, watch closely as the "anti-vax" meme is used to restrict speech:

Teen who defied anti-vax mom says she got false information from one source: Facebook

Saw this on the news this morning. I think Facebook, while not silencing the anti-vax comments/articles, said they would be moved farther down in your feed. I may be using the wrong terms. I was only half paying attention. TV is on in the background while I work.

Top Bottom